Chilobrachys sp. kaeng krachan

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire
Hello, I have a new addition and I'd like to ask, which conditions should I prepare for 5th molt T. Its not home yet...on the way;) I'm wondering about the temper of this genus, as I'v decided to go first P.irminia and after research I quiet found beauties in Chilobrachys genus. I would like to try these first before I'll go for something like OBT or H.maculata. What is the ideal humidity for this species? I would also highly welcomed If You post some examples like of Chilobrachys species aswell as an ideal enclosures.
I hope, that I'll have a success with my additions and slowly progress on the ladder. Thanx everyone for your contribution. I havent found many useful infos online, so any oppinions and and help in keeping this specie is highly appreciated.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Genus Chilobrachys as a whole can be kept identically. Moist sub, good burrowing depth and some anchor points for webbing.

They tend to be skittish, fast and defensive. Quite the feisty genus, but filled with various beautiful species.
20180121_171354.jpg 20180121_171254.jpg

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Skittish, fast, heavy-webbing burrowers with potent venom and a bit of a temper, if you set them up right then they won't give you much in the way of problems, imagine a moisture-dependent OBT and you're not too far off the mark.

My Chilobrachys huahini, got this girl as a surprise freebie back in Oct 2016, she's about 4" now.

View media item 44287View media item 44286

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I would like to try these first before I'll go for something like OBT or H.maculata
While I respect your decision and I understand this viewpoint about H.maculata (they are arboreals, at the end, so the set up will differ, plus I don't know your experience-comfy level around 'flying' potent venom 'tree loving' T's) don't think for a minute that, no matter which species of genus Chilobrachys we are talking, the defensiveness level is less or second to the 'OBT' one.

- Extremely fast (if they want): check

- Very potent venom (especially C.fimbriatus): check

- Ability to deliver multiple bites within seconds: check

- Very defensive, and reality is that no one wants to deal too much with a pissed off genus Chilobrachys specimen, just like the 'OBT': check.

Therefore, my conclusion: if possible, the 'easy' one in the VS comparison remain the (in)famous P.murinus, for that, as a fact no one can deny, at least is a little 'tank' and care is laughable easy.

I don't want to say that genus Chilobrachys are 'hard' to care for, don't get me wrong, but that, P.murinus, and those multitude of 'OBT' 'myth horror-stories' are incredibly 'hyped'.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
The African baboons are incredibly easy to care for and deal with compared to Asians. OBT’s while not for a beginner are way overrated in there blood thirsty satanic lifestyle. They are more forgiving of mistakes in day to day care as well

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
The African baboons are incredibly easy to care for and deal with compared to Asians. OBT’s while not for a beginner are way overrated in there blood thirsty satanic lifestyle. They are more forgiving of mistakes in day to day care as well
They are just as easy IMO, only difference would be how moist you keep the sub. If you can stay on top of that your good.