Chilobrachys sp. electric blue

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
He doesn't sell

Not held in such high regard over here.

All in all, C. sp. "Electric blue" is basically just like any other Chilobrachys species.
Yea I find her videos informative but annoying as hell... I thought she was a reputative seller I guess not lol
I don’t order from anywhere except innerhalb Deutschland at the Moment.
I wanna try UK, Switzerland, and the Netherlands though :)

Edit: Whoops, meant to say I used to find her videos somewhat informative before I got into the hobby...

Last edited:

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I’d only recommend Local Expos from there. Jamie’s ship via USPS which is illegal and a federal crime if you do choose to do so
Wow! Did not know that, thank you for the heads up, I wouldn’t do well in prison

Yea I find her videos informative but annoying as hell... I thought she was a reputative seller I guess not lol
I don’t even find her videos informative, her set ups are ALL the same with slight changes for arboreals and I tried watching her care video for the H. Mac and it was like 3 minutes long with no good info that I could’ve known myself. I’m not a fan of DTG

Last edited by a moderator:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I don’t find her videos informative at all. Rather quite annoying and I dislike the way she keeps some of her animals

Minty

@londontarantulas

Edit: Whoops, meant to say I used to find her videos somewhat informative before I got into the hobby...
Could you PM me some good Deutsch websites to buy tarantulas from? Outside of the UK, I've only ordered from Poland, so far.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
So I have always had a fascination with the chilobrachys genus and the particular species Chilobrachys sp. electric blue really peaks my interest, does anyone know any information on them and if they are uncommon and where I could find one of these amazing spiders? I mean seriously,

And as a side note, any information on the Euthalus sp yellow or red cause I can’t seem to find them anywhere
Jamie’s Tarantulas has some in stock. I got my T. stirmi from her and I chose the USPS Shipping option and it was just fine. I read your’s and other’s concerns about it being “illegal” to ship live animals through USPS, but I think it’s just a rule that USPS has but doesn’t really enforce, but those are just my thoughts. She does ship through FedEx, but it’s just more expensive. Hope this helps! :)

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Jamie’s Tarantulas has some in stock. I got my T. stirmi from her and I chose the USPS Shipping option and it was just fine. I read your’s and other’s concerns about it being “illegal” to ship live animals through USPS, but I think it’s just a rule that USPS has but doesn’t really enforce, but those are just my thoughts. She does ship through FedEx, but it’s just more expensive. Hope this helps! :)
Awesome thank you so much

Arachniac1

Arachnopeon
Fear Not Tarantulas in the US has them for $85, both 1st US captive bred AND euro imports. Great company too. I'm putting my order in for one after the new year.

Minty

@londontarantulas
My juvenile, recently moulted and rehoused. Can’t wait to see it web up this new enclosure that will do until it reaches sub adult size.

I wanted a photo of the blue markings, but I didn’t want to disturb it.
367D3A01-7834-40E6-8011-901C25FB1881.jpeg

thebronzedragon

Arachnosquire
Tarantula Canada has slings in stock. Its not US but I've heard its decently easy to import.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Tarantula Canada has slings in stock. Its not US but I've heard its decently easy to import.
For just a handful of Ts it is absolutely not worth the hassle, especially since you can get them in the U.S. without too much work.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
That makes sense, didn't really think about it because I've never had to do it.
There's a lot of paperwork involved, international airfare is pretty expensive and the permit itself is another 100 dollars on top of it. In the end you would spend months more time and hundreds of dollars more than you would if you just waited and found one in your own country. That's why imports are generally very very large and involve multiple people, because it allows the ability to split costs and make it a little cheaper. For just a handful of individuals that you don't plan to sell it doesn't really make sense. That's the longer explanation for why it's not logical.

thebronzedragon

Arachnosquire
There's a lot of paperwork involved, international airfare is pretty expensive and the permit itself is another 100 dollars on top of it. In the end you would spend months more time and hundreds of dollars more than you would if you just waited and found one in your own country. That's why imports are generally very very large and involve multiple people, because it allows the ability to split costs and make it a little cheaper. For just a handful of individuals that you don't plan to sell it doesn't really make sense. That's the longer explanation for why it's not logical.
Wow, I didn't know you needed a permit. I thought you just had to pay more for shipping. Thanks for the information.