Chilobrachys sp. electric blue

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
So I have always had a fascination with the chilobrachys genus and the particular species Chilobrachys sp. electric blue really peaks my interest, does anyone know any information on them and if they are uncommon and where I could find one of these amazing spiders? I mean seriously,

And as a side note, any information on the Euthalus sp yellow or red cause I can’t seem to find them anywhere

Minty

@londontarantulas
They’re available from Spidersworld EU, at 3.5cm DLS. £37.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Unfortunately I’m in the US, but thank you for your reply
I’m aware, but I often see these threads and wonder where they’d be available. So any European members looking at this thread will have a reference. I’m about to order mine.

Have you checked some of the large US dealers?

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I’m aware, but I often see these threads and wonder where they’d be available. So any European members looking at this thread will have a reference. I’m about to order mine.

Have you checked some of the large US dealers?
Aww you’re so thoughtful for all the Europeans that might want one, you’re a nice dude, and yeah all the ones that I know of don’t have that species but maybe I’m overlooking

Minty

@londontarantulas
Aww you’re so thoughtful for all the Europeans that might want one, you’re a nice dude, and yeah all the ones that I know of don’t have that species but maybe I’m overlooking
I did a quick google for you and the websites I saw had them as Out of Stock. Obviously, I don’t know anything about the quality or reputation of any US dealers, but it might be worth contacting as many as possible and asking for any leads on where to find one, or ask them when they’d have it in stock.

Hopefully someone on here could point you in the right direction. I understand your desire for this T and for this genus, I like it too. I’ve had two Chilobrachys species (one C.fimbriatus died a couple of months ago) and love them.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I did a quick google for you and the websites I saw had them as Out of Stock. Obviously, I don’t know anything about the quality or reputation of any US dealers, but it might be worth contacting as many as possible and asking for any leads on where to find one, or ask them when they’d have it in stock.

Hopefully someone on here could point you in the right direction. I understand your desire for this T and for this genus, I like it too. I’ve had two Chilobrachys species (one C.fimbriatus died a couple of months ago) and love them.
Thanks for the info, and I’m sorry about your fimbriatus, those are very beautiful, hopefully you’ll get another soon, if you want another that is

I think someone in one of the FB groups I'm in just bred them.
Unfortunately I’m not on Facebook, do they have a profile on here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Thanks for the info, and I’m sorry about your fimbriatus, those are very beautiful, hopefully you’ll get another soon, if you want another that is
He was a MM so it wasn’t unexpected.

On another note:
2ED22020-95C2-4634-A3FF-57F3AD5D4FFC.jpeg

My Chilobrachys sp electric blue is on its way, also added another Brachypelma albopilosum (Nicaragua) sling on to the order as I love them. Excited! :D

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
One of my friends on FB did just breed them, first time in the US. He’s not a member here sadly but the slings he hatched should be ready to go.
Euathlus sp."red" is now renamed as Homoeomma chilensis and sp. "yellow" is now known as Homoeomma orellanai. They’re harder to find as Chile banned the export of tarantulas and they one of those species that takes years to grow.

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
swiftsinverts has some but not sure if he ships out of country

nevermind, just read that u are in the U.S lol. order from swift (he's in Mississippi) u won't regret it, he's very reputable and been in the hobby since the 80s or 90s I think. his site is swiftsinverts.com (all 3 of my ts are from him)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Well it’s an OW,
Try Jamie’s
Tom’s Big Spiders
Local Expo’s
Deadly Tarantula Girl etc.
I’d only recommend Local Expos from there. Jamie’s ship via USPS which is illegal and a federal crime if you do choose to do so

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
He doesn't sell

Not held in such high regard over here.

All in all, C. sp. "Electric blue" is basically just like any other Chilobrachys species.
He does just not himself personally, he gives them to Tanya or Jamie

I’d only recommend Local Expos from there. Jamie’s ship via USPS which is illegal and a federal crime if you do choose to do so
Wow that’s BS see if they really enforce
We’d all be screwed...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Wow that’s BS see if they really enforce
We’d all be screwed...
Some do, some don’t, depends on the place, but I still wouldn’t risk it. I’ve heard of some being lax while others have quickly said to stop and they’re breaking the law and if it continues they’ll take legal action. Sadly to say it is BS, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.