Chilobrachys recommendation

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
My C fimbriatus is the most beautiful hole in the dirt I own.
I feel with "pet holes" these glimpses make them even more spectacular - especially C. fimbriatus, I own C. dyscolus, though still a sling it looks stunning they also have superb appetites and a fantastic feeding response - so that's a vote for C. fimbriatus.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I feel with "pet holes" these glimpses make them even more spectacular - especially C. fimbriatus, I own C. dyscolus, though still a sling it looks stunning they also have superb appetites and a fantastic feeding response - so that's a vote for C. fimbriatus.
I agree on the C dyscolus. I have just a brown one (no special color morph). The feeding response is so good, I routinely see her. Not that she hangs out on top, but she goes right after the roaches and heads back down the hole.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I agree on the C dyscolus. I have just a brown one (no special color morph). The feeding response is so good, I routinely see her. Not that she hangs out on top, but she goes right after the roaches and heads back down the hole.
Mines is the "Vietnam blue" I believe, well that's what it was sold as, it does have some blue colouration to it, which will in time become more prominent as it ages - it molted last, last evening, I'll post pics once it's hardened and has had a meal or two....

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Wouldn't pay more than 35 bucks for a sling.
Paid fifteen dollars for my dyscolus blue as an unsexed sling. The electric blue go for about ten times more. Ludicrous for essentially the same spider, looks and behavior wise anyway.
Mines is the "Vietnam blue" I believe, well that's what it was sold as, it does have some blue colouration to it, which will in time become more prominent as it ages - it molted last, last evening, I'll post pics once it's hardened and has had a meal or two....
The blue definitely darkens as they grow, becomes more apparent with each molt.
20170512_172824.jpg
20180102_232301.jpg

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Fimbriatus is best looking, thats for sure, but it is tiny. Don't you want huge beast like huahini or kaeng krachan?;). Electric blue is a litle bit overrated imo.
And about visibility, you can see it all the time if you plan it right.

Spiderguy47

Arachnoknight
Fimbriatus is best looking, thats for sure, but it is tiny. Don't you want huge beast like huahini or kaeng krachan?;).
Prefer looks over size. Same reason I like T Stirmi over T Blondi. Even though blondi gets bigger its uglier.