Species Chilobrachys guangxiensis (a.k.a. Chilobrachys jingzhao)

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,
There is no such species as Chilobrachy guangxiensis i believe its called Plesiophrictus guangxiensis, but id say if it had a revision it would up in the Chilobrachy genus! :) Still a nice spider regardless ;)

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pheonixx said:
nice T. Hows the temperment?
Hi Pheonixx,

This species has a temperament almost identical to the Pterinochilus sp.
Very defensive and react very fast to movement. Also, it stand very much on its ground when disturb. Unlike the Pterinochilus sp where to some extend. It would retreat and escape. She need 2 molt to get her broken fang sorted out after it broke it from bittng a metal tong.

It is a nice species though. Will just eat anything that I offered her. So it's kinda like a junkyard.

Hope this help abit.

Regards,
nn

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome picture....very nice indeed. what kind of camera do you use?

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joe1968 said:
Awesome picture....very nice indeed. what kind of camera do you use?
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your compliment.
Shots were taken with a Canon DSLR camera.

Regards,
nn

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No name said:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your compliment.
Shots were taken with a Canon DSLR camera.

Regards,
nn

Thats impressive which Canon model is it? Rebel?, EOS 1D Mark II?

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those are some great camera shots, It's definately making me think more about getting another canon to replace my powershot (which is great, but it's not digital).

Nice looking T as well.

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joe1968 said:
Thats impressive which Canon model is it? Rebel?, EOS 1D Mark II?
Hi Joe,

It's from a Canon 1DMkll.
But, it's kinda a overkill if it's for casual shots. It's more for light studio work and serious sports photography.

If you are looking for a digital camera for average to good casual close-up photography, you may want to look into the Nikon range.
They have reasonably good macro capability. Hope this help.

Schlyne said:
Those are some great camera shots, It's definately making me think more about getting another canon to replace my powershot (which is great, but it's not digital).

Nice looking T as well.
Thanks for your compliment ;), is good to invest in a good camera if photography is your interest. If you realised, Canon digital output is often sharpen and brighter compare to other camera maker's. That is due to its processing algorithm.

And I guessed photography is the only thing that can freeze the clock and let you look back at things and ourself when we age.

Regards,
nn

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Aviculariinae said:
Hi,
There is no such species as Chilobrachy guangxiensis i believe its called Plesiophrictus guangxiensis, but id say if it had a revision it would up in the Chilobrachy genus! :) Still a nice spider regardless ;)

I actually think this T hast been studied enough to know exactly where it fits in the scheme of things... Here's how I have it on my stock sheet

Plexiopelma guanxienthis, (Phlogiellus species, Singapore Birdeater) Plesiophrictus{Chilobrachys?] guangxiensis, Chinese Fawn

I got this from a couple guys that are pretty up on what is going on in taxonomy. Me, I'm not, I just got some spiderlings that I had never heard of before... so I asked around and got a bit of what's going on with these guys. I also know the Asian Ts are somewhere in that state of constant flux many of the NW Ts are in. Look at N.chromatus... In the time I've been keeping Ts, getting close to 4yrs, this T has had 3 or 4 new Latin names.

I don't really know what this T is, I can only suggest using pencil on your labels. ;) It's likely to have folks :wall: for the next several years

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi All,

I think Mendi has a point there as many thorough research work has to be done on asian tarantula identification on genus. And it's a long process.

Whether its a Plesiophrictus guangxiensis or Chilobrachys guangxiensis. I think we will have to leave this research work for the taxonomist in this field to help fellows hobbyist like us to gain substantial infomation on them. And believe me, they are working hard :)

Maybe Martin can tell us abit more if he happen to see this thread ;) since he is pretty much into Theraphosida identification reseach.

Regards,
nn