Chilobrachys fimbriatus - stupid question

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I know its common name is "Indian Violet", but does it originate from India?
I've been thinking about picking one up as the local shop has 4 available. They are small, but already showing color.
Any information/pics people can provide would be appreciated. Also, how large do they get to be?
Thanks!
Ralph

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know a whole lot about them, but I have been raising one from 2nd instar. Mine is just now hinting at some color, but I think that there will be much more with the next molt. If you like webbing, then this spider just may be for you.

Some have said that their venom might be on the higher than average side. I don't know of any bite reports to substantiate that claim though.

Jon

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They web up most of the enclosure and burrow, although mine is out and about more than my lividum.

Andy

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Some have said that their venom might be on the higher than average side. I don't know of any bite reports to substantiate that claim though.
They're closely related to Selenocosmia, that's enough for me! I'm not about to use myself as a human guinea pig either. :D

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They are awesome feeders. They use the web (like alot of spiders) to sense any vibrations and just come barreling out of their burrow to attack. So awesome to watch. Even my little sling will try to kill and eat 5 1/4" crickets at once.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I want to say they were $40 each, but I'd have to call to make sure. Are you in SouthEastern Virginia? The petshops name is Pet Paradise and it is in Virginia Beach.

Chris V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No, Im in San Antonio, Texas.. But I just talked to Scott Bemis(Scotts Tarantulas) about one yesterday.Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Go for it ralph I have one and there are great at webbing. Eating alot . Also have great coloration...... when you see them :) I still love mine

danielr6543

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All members of the genus Chilobrachys are great. They web the most out of any T i have ever seen. My personal fav of the genus is Chilobrachys Fimbriatus. I just love the colors it has as well as the webbing. The only Ts that even come close to this genus in webbing is C. Cyaneopubescens and P. Murinus Chilobrachys is a great genus you will enjoy.