1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chilean Jewels ~ Metagyndes innata

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by AbraxasComplex, May 22, 2008.

1. Advertisement
    I just got a large shipment of these beauties from Chile. Let's hope I have success breeding them. :)

Metagyndes innata

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Moltar

Moltar ArachnoGod

Holy moly, that's a spider? Waaay cool.

I wonder what the purpose of those beefy, spikey hing legs are?

3. What

What Arachnoprince

I believe it is actually an opilionid not a spider(a harvestman).

4. ErikWestblom

ErikWestblom Arachnobaron

Not a spider. Belongs to the order Opiliones, harvestmen.

5. ErikWestblom

ErikWestblom Arachnobaron

Lol u beat me by a few seconds :p

6. I love these little guys... they readily consume carrots. I have two small juveniles that were tan in colour... till I fed them the carrots. Their entire body was then a bright vibrant orange.

They also love crickets. Interesting how they hunt... just walk up incredibly slow, as if they aren't interested at all, and then pounce.

7. josh_r

josh_r Arachnoprince

"harvestermen from hell!" comming to a pricelist near you!

8. Haha... actually if I bred them, for those who can't pronounce or spell scientific names, I was going to use the nickname Chilean Red Devil Harvestman.

9. cjm1991

cjm1991 Arachnoprince

Way cool. I want some now lol. Hope you have great success breeding them. How big do they get as adults?

10. The one on my hand was the biggest male I had. Overall they don`t get too large. Their body is about the size of a nickle when full grown.

11. cjm1991

cjm1991 Arachnoprince

Are they easy to keep/communal? Whats a normal price on em?

12. What

What Arachnoprince

Harvestmen are usually 'communal' and afaik these arent available in the US(so far).

13. cjm1991

cjm1991 Arachnoprince

Dang, they are pretty cool looking. Wish i could get ahold of some.

14. What

What Arachnoprince

Send a few dealers emails and ask if they can get some via the recent Chilean imports.