Check out these containers! Wow!

mdub

Arachnopeon
Watched the video - thanks for posting the link. And, have the enclosure now - thanks hobo for suggesting home outfitters! Just need to make the ventilation holes. Can anyone recommend best method for holes and where/how many is best for an avic set-up? thanks!! This is our first homemade arboreal. :p

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Watched the video - thanks for posting the link. And, have the enclosure now - thanks hobo for suggesting home outfitters! Just need to make the ventilation holes. Can anyone recommend best method for holes and where/how many is best for an avic set-up? thanks!! This is our first homemade arboreal. :p
If you're going to make holes in the top, take it apart! There are parts inside the lid that will mess up the whole sealing mechanism if accidentally drilled through.

What I did was drill the button layer first, making sure to avoid hitting anything vital, and making sure that it would be able to span the other two layers (watch out for that bottom layer; because of how the button sits on it, it can be tricky!). Then I stuck it back together and used a long drill bit to create the corresponding holes in the other two layers by drilling through the first hole I made. Try to drill straight down so the holes line up properly.

If you don't want to risk messing up the lid, you can always just drill a ton of holes on the sides instead, like Spyder did.

As for how many and where, it's a good idea to have cross ventalatiin with these guys apparently. Don't be worried about too much ventilation, as you can always cover it up later.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
for those in europe, they're available on amazon

not the cheapest but nice quality items
Sainsburys online and Dunelm also stock them. They really are nice tanks, all other cereal containers I've found over the years have been cheap milky or semi translucent plastic. These are crystal clear.

Ikea sell similar containers but only in small sizes, ideal for juveniles. Again, not cheap. I have a shelf full of them:

k2power

Arachnoknight
There are lots of Krogers still around. If on the West Coast, Frys is the same chain too.