Check it out!! 81!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ha! And you can see the fatty that ate someone too!
Looking good so far! Congrats!

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet!!!!!

They are looking great! Good job man! ;) Hmmm...I think I may want that fat one!

Tim

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol, I'll set him aside, Tim!! Yeah, some poor sap wandered into the wrong pair of fangs one day. It took him a good two or three days to eat the whole thing, too:drool:

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lol, I'll set him aside, Tim!! Yeah, some poor sap wandered into the wrong pair of fangs one day. It took him a good two or three days to eat the whole thing, too:drool:
HaHa! Stellar.;P
Just let me know when he's ready!....;)

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Haha, that fatty actually made me LOL. He looks so suspicious, like "What, me? I didn't do anything, no idea what you're talking about."

DJThinK

Arachnopeon
Is it just me or are baby tarantulas insanely cute? I mean like cute cute.... like cuter than the Puppy Bowl cute even. In fact there should be a 2nd instar bowl on T-Day. Oh man! Someone do a live web cam cast of a bunch of slings.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, they're cute, but i like'em even better when they hit 2nd instar and are fuzzy little speedballs{D

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah! One thing I noticed (which may be obvious to others) is that the closer they get to molting at this stage, the more mobile they become. When they first came out of the sac (at 1st instar) they were only capable of waving their legs, slowly. Now, I see a couple of them climbing up the coffee filter about a cm or so!! I'm not sure how I am going to corral them in the next few days, maybe I will just set them up communally. If I do that, do I just toss it a ton of pinheads, or would larger pre-killed crickets work as well?

Wow, feeding a communal batch might suck, since Avics tends to like to come out of the jar and not go back INTO it!!

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah! One thing I noticed (which may be obvious to others) is that the closer they get to molting at this stage, the more mobile they become. When they first came out of the sac (at 1st instar) they were only capable of waving their legs, slowly. Now, I see a couple of them climbing up the coffee filter about a cm or so!! I'm not sure how I am going to corral them in the next few days, maybe I will just set them up communally. If I do that, do I just toss it a ton of pinheads, or would larger pre-killed crickets work as well?

Wow, feeding a communal batch might suck, since Avics tends to like to come out of the jar and not go back INTO it!!
IMO, a ton of pinheads would be better than having the lot scavenge over prekilled crix. To cover all bases, maybe you can toss in alot of pinheads, plus a few prekilled ones.

And yeah, you're right....feeding them is going to be fun!!!!!

Tim

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So Tim, can you give me a good time frame for feeding? I figure that I ought to wait about 5-7 days after they molt to toss food in, but i don't want to wait too long or else I lose half my spiders. Also, do I go ahead and toss in about 80 crix at once and not feed again for a week, or do I drop more crix in every few days to keep the hungry ones from eating each other?

Also, for anyone who has bred T's and kept the slings communal for a while, what size container would you use for roughly 75 slings?

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They started molting tonight

Finally! These little weeble wobbles are molting into 2nd instar slings! Please excuse the picture quality, it was taken through mesh - to keep them from escaping as they molt.

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
congrats bro, looks like your first sac is doing quitewell for you.

did you pull the sac or just let the mom do her job

how much will you be selling these for once they are ready