Cheap T's?

WillyNilly418

Arachnopeon
I'm 16 years old and can't make a lot of money i make about 50 every two weeks. I want to expand my collection but can never afford shipping or the cost on the tarantula is outrageous. I want to know if anyone has cheap tarantulas or cheap shipping so i can finally have more than one T. Before you ask my parents are fine with my hobby and actually like T's themselves.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
+1 Craigslist or even Ts being sold for cheap. You can pick them up that way and avoid shipping fees altogether.

You can also peruse the Classifieds here. I've seen independent sellers offer shipping as low as $10. Granted, that's for two-three day shipping but tarantulas aren't typically delicate damsels in distress so long as they've been packaged and shipped properly.

You could also post a WTB (Want to Buy) advert specifying that you're looking for sellers who offer cheap shipping along with some species you'd be interested in.

Whatever you do, make sure you have the proper supplies BEFORE you acquire a tarantula. Don't buy a live tarantula and then keep it in a shoddy enclosure while you save up to make the enclosure better. Enclosure and supplies first, tarantula second. We've seen this happen around here before.

Spiderguy47

Arachnoknight
I'm also sixteen and have the same issue. I've found that the best thing to do is look for upcoming expos in your area. You may have to wait a bit longer but most expos only charge around 10$ for the entrance fee and usually you can find pretty good deals on slings and juveniles. A few other benefits is you get to see what your buying and talk with the breeder.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I would definitely look for an expo in your area. Last time I went there were T's that were literally $2. Also there where dozens of species under $30.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Not allowance I have a job that I get garbage hours at...
I imagine you've tried, but get a new job. At 16 ( at least in Canada) you can work part time just about anywhere. Just throw some resumes around.

My point remains however, you get money than I used to.

WillyNilly418

Arachnopeon
I imagine you've tried, but get a new job. At 16 ( at least in Canada) you can work part time just about anywhere. Just throw some resumes around.

My point remains however, you get money than I used to.
The thing that sucks is no matter where I go hours suckkkkk but I can make it work for sure don’t get me wrong but even you have to admit that 55-60 dollar shipping stupid.

cold blood

Staff member
I want to know if anyone has cheap tarantulas or cheap shipping so i can finally have more than one T
I'm relatively close, 2 day shipping would be pretty cheap....hit me up if you want cheap chromatus slings.
You may have to wait a bit longer but most expos only charge around 10$ for the entrance fee
Not much different than 2 day shipping.
There’s almost no expos in Illinois unfortunately
That's not exactly true.
you have to admit that 55-60 dollar shipping stupid
Who pays that much...heck, who even charges that much??

This is the perfect time of year for cheap shipping...temps are ideal and 2 day shipping is completely reliable and significantly less than over-night.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
The thing that sucks is no matter where I go hours suckkkkk but I can make it work for sure don’t get me wrong but even you have to admit that 55-60 dollar shipping stupid.
Never paid more than 30 for shipping. Only bonus being a hobbyist where I live.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hijack the thread but where would one find Grammostola roses (RCF).I know the hobby forms are relatively easy to find, the reason why I am asking is so I can look at the prices and get an idea of how rare RCF rosies are.