1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap terrarium

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Villegas23, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Villegas23

Villegas23 Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    Anyone know where to get cheap enclosures? I saw someone post on a thread about cheap handmade setups on eBay but I can't find it again

2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

What size are you looking for? I like small Exo Terra Breeding Boxes (8" x 8" x 5.5") for juvenile terrestrials (or adult dwarf species).

• Like Like x 1
  3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

What type of T are you putting in there, if it's a T?

4. Villegas23

Idk yet honestly, maybe a t maybe just a bigger and better enclosure for my millipedes. The one I say reminded me of the eco terra insect terrarium but it was only 10 dollars I know I could just go get a 20 gallon tank at Walmart for like 25 bucks but I want something small and portable/convenient where I can just open the door and watch if I wanted. Right now I have a 5 gallon cricket keeper for them

5. Marvinxox

Marvinxox Arachnopeon

If you have an IKEA near you, you could use their SAMLA-boxes, which come in various sizes and can easily be modified to fit your Needs.
    I use them for my millipedes and they seem to quite happy in there.
    So if there`s an IKEA you could consider this option

6. Villegas23

Dang where I live there is no IKEA, but I'll check the local stores and see if I can find something.

7. Red Eunice

Red Eunice Arachnobaron Active Member

Dang! Not only are things bigger in Texas, but more expensive too! Lol!
    Purchased two 2 1/2 aquariums for $15, but was a BOGO sale. ;)
    Dollar General, Big Lots, Hobby Lobby, The Container Store, Michaels, to name a few, sell containers cheap and can be easily modified to suit your needs. I don't recall the site @EulersK buys his from, in his DIY video, they look to be crystal clear and sturdy. They ship also, so you won't need to drive anywhere.
    "Cheap" is relative to how thick is your wallet/purse?
    I'm "frugal", not cheap! Lol!

8. Villegas23

Haha this is true, things can be a little pricey here, but the wallet isn't the issue. I just don't feel like paying 30-50 bucks for a regular terrarium I want something unique and cool

9. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoengineer Arachnosupporter

Are you talking about Really Useful Boxes? They're bought at Staples and Office Depot, but they're only crystal clear because I modify them with an acrylic lid.

10. Red Eunice

Red Eunice Arachnobaron Active Member

Thats it! RUBs
    May have been another person's video I watched. They were clear, like AMACs, and were for shoe storage.

11. Mcpincherson

Mcpincherson Arachnopeon

Big lots they have tones of boxes with lids

12. BC1579

BC1579 Arachnosquire Active Member

I got one of these and modified it for a small A. avic.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1