Cheap terrarium

Villegas23

Arachnosquire
Anyone know where to get cheap enclosures? I saw someone post on a thread about cheap handmade setups on eBay but I can't find it again

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What type of T are you putting in there, if it's a T?

Villegas23

Arachnosquire
Idk yet honestly, maybe a t maybe just a bigger and better enclosure for my millipedes. The one I say reminded me of the eco terra insect terrarium but it was only 10 dollars I know I could just go get a 20 gallon tank at Walmart for like 25 bucks but I want something small and portable/convenient where I can just open the door and watch if I wanted. Right now I have a 5 gallon cricket keeper for them

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
If you have an IKEA near you, you could use their SAMLA-boxes, which come in various sizes and can easily be modified to fit your Needs.
I use them for my millipedes and they seem to quite happy in there.
So if there`s an IKEA you could consider this option

Villegas23

Arachnosquire
Dang where I live there is no IKEA, but I'll check the local stores and see if I can find something.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I know I could just go get a 20 gallon tank at Walmart for like 25 bucks
Dang! Not only are things bigger in Texas, but more expensive too! Lol!
Purchased two 2 1/2 aquariums for $15, but was a BOGO sale. ;)
Dollar General, Big Lots, Hobby Lobby, The Container Store, Michaels, to name a few, sell containers cheap and can be easily modified to suit your needs. I don't recall the site @EulersK buys his from, in his DIY video, they look to be crystal clear and sturdy. They ship also, so you won't need to drive anywhere.
"Cheap" is relative to how thick is your wallet/purse?
I'm "frugal", not cheap! Lol!

Villegas23

Arachnosquire
Haha this is true, things can be a little pricey here, but the wallet isn't the issue. I just don't feel like paying 30-50 bucks for a regular terrarium I want something unique and cool

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Dang! Not only are things bigger in Texas, but more expensive too! Lol!
Purchased two 2 1/2 aquariums for $15, but was a BOGO sale. ;)
Dollar General, Big Lots, Hobby Lobby, The Container Store, Michaels, to name a few, sell containers cheap and can be easily modified to suit your needs. I don't recall the site @EulersK buys his from, in his DIY video, they look to be crystal clear and sturdy. They ship also, so you won't need to drive anywhere.
"Cheap" is relative to how thick is your wallet/purse?
I'm "frugal", not cheap! Lol!
Are you talking about Really Useful Boxes? They're bought at Staples and Office Depot, but they're only crystal clear because I modify them with an acrylic lid.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Are you talking about Really Useful Boxes? They're bought at Staples and Office Depot, but they're only crystal clear because I modify them with an acrylic lid.
Thats it! RUBs
May have been another person's video I watched. They were clear, like AMACs, and were for shoe storage.