1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaerilus sp. "Java"

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by PNTxLSTAR, Jun 4, 2018.

1. PNTxLSTAR

PNTxLSTAR Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    So payday is coming up ive wanted scorpions since i was a kid i have few beautiful tarantulas and fish and kittens so i really look after my pets but dnt know anything about scorpions ive tried looking into the breed chaerilus sp. "Java" but find nothing anyone kept them? and also anyone know ideal substrate? And house for 2 of them? Scorplings preferably tank, and substrate from amazon.co.uk or should i make my own? as i live in the middle of no-where and reptile exotic shops/stores are miles away

Thanks guys

2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

I'd hunt for any info you can find on Chaerilus and go from there. Since they're from Java I'd assume they like it humid. You'll probably want to keep them separate since most scorps will eat each other (though I admit I don't know anything about Chaerilus). If it's pesticide free, you could probably use dirt from outside after baking it to remove any potential pests.

3. Mel92

Mel92 Arachnopeon

I keep my adults on a soil coco fibre mix, keep damp but not soaking and about 2-3" deep. House in a 2L-3L tub, couple of hides and very small water bowl, feed once a week. For scorplings i keep in a 2oz deli cup with same sub and a little bit of damp moss, feed once a week.Very easy to keep and great little scorpions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Buthoscorpio

Buthoscorpio Arachnopeon Active Member

They are easy to keep. Keep them warm and humid. You can raise them in small containers (but with enough fresh air circulation). They are really hard to kill, therefore ideal for beginners. I fed mine with thermobia domestica.

5. SPW49

SPW49 Arachnopeon

I just got 6 C Hentzi & they are awesome. They’re 3/4”-1”. I put them in a deep blue 5 gallon with a bunch of cork for them to climb on. They are a communal species and do great together. I’ll try and post pics later

6. SPW49

SPW49 Arachnopeon

Sorry! Posted to wrong thread!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. PNTxLSTAR

PNTxLSTAR Arachnopeon

Thanks will do the same