Chaerilus sp java babies feeding

MadeYouInk

Arachnopeon
So, I've been posting about these guys quite often. I've been kind of thrown into the deep end with this.

Essentially, the babies don't seem to be eating. I've only noticed 1 or 2 out of 47 eat. I've given them the smallest food I can find to no avail.

Are fruit flies a bad choice? Am I doing something else wrong? Or will they eventually just cave in and eat the flies? It's been a week since they've been separated.

I've attached an image of one who has definitely eaten and one who hasn't (for size comparison)

Attachments

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
So, I've been posting about these guys quite often. I've been kind of thrown into the deep end with this.

Essentially, the babies don't seem to be eating. I've only noticed 1 or 2 out of 47 eat. I've given them the smallest food I can find to no avail.

Are fruit flies a bad choice? Am I doing something else wrong? Or will they eventually just cave in and eat the flies? It's been a week since they've been separated.

I've attached an image of one who has definitely eaten and one who hasn't (for size comparison)
Have you provided some sort of hide for them.
In the phots there isn't any, if there is no cover they will be stressed out and won't eat.
As mentioned in previous reply I used a single artificial leaf in each container as cover, with an inch of substrate so they could burrow.
All my 33 survived and grew nicely.
If fruit flies are not being eaten, try chopped up wax worms, a little messy, and need to be changed ever other day, but will get them eating.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Yes, provide some cover.
I never use fruit flies, so no experience with that. I’ve heard they aren’t a proper food for scorpions though. I use pinhead crickets for really small scorpions, or hatchling redrunner nymphs. In my experience, this will cause a better feeding response than prekilled, but if you can’t find small enough crickets, prekilled is also an option.