Chaco Golden knee death curl?

Maddie

Arachnopeon
Hi! Yesterday I got my first tarantula, a 1 1/2 to 2 inches Chaco Golden Knee suspect male. He was fine the first few hours, but I noticed that he has been curled up in the corner under some cork bark for the entire day. He hasn't really moved much, so I'm worried it could be a death curl? Im not sure, does this happen to tarantulas when they're stressed about being in a new home? I misted his cage yesterday and he has a fresh bowl of water so I don't know if dehydration is the problem. I included pics, sorry about the bad quality haha IMG_20170915_155059599.jpg IMG_20170915_155104993.jpg

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hi! Yesterday I got my first tarantula, a 1 1/2 to 2 inches Chaco Golden Knee suspect male. He was fine the first few hours, but I noticed that he has been curled up in the corner under some cork bark for the entire day. He hasn't really moved much, so I'm worried it could be a death curl? Im not sure, does this happen to tarantulas when they're stressed about being in a new home? I misted his cage yesterday and he has a fresh bowl of water so I don't know if dehydration is the problem. I included pics, sorry about the bad quality haha View attachment 252174 View attachment 252175
Not a death curl, probably just stressed from the rehouse. Misting is not very effective, and this species doesn't require much extra moisture. The sub should be mostly dry, instead of misting you can simply overflow the water dish every now and then.

boina

Lady of the mites
Yeah, the pics are very grainy, but that does not look like a death curl. Your misting may be part of why your new spider is stressed out. Don't get it too wet in there, this species doesn't need much moisture and definitely not any specific humidity if that was why you were misting.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Definitely not a death curl, just looks a little stressed (first pic looks like the knees are tucked up over the eyes which is what's known as a stress curl) from the rehouse. Just make sure it has a full water dish and give it some time and it'll be a little more active once it settles.

There's no need to mist, it's a waste of time/effort, this species is a little more moisture tolerant than G. gosea/porteri but they still prefer the substrate to be mostly dry, just slightly overflow the water dish every now & again and you're good.

Sana

Arachnoprince
In my experience tarantulas settle into new enclosures faster if they are in a darker place with a minimum of movement and noise. Whether your new friend has those conditions or not it will settle in just fine usually within a week or so.