Ceratogyrus odd behaviour

Operkoi

Arachnopeon
So I recently picked up my first OW, a 2.5 inch Ceratogyrus Marshalli, but it is acting somewhat unusually. It spends most of the time in a depression I made for it in a corner but it is always arched against the glass, and seemingly supporting itself with its abdomen. I'm keeping it on coco fibres in a small Kritter keeper.

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
looks fine to me. i have a marshalli that size and it sits the corner all day too.

cold blood

Staff member
Its common for ts acclimating to a new home. In time it will web and burrow a whole bunch. Just make sure its kept on deep substrate to facilitate its burrowing.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Don't worry. You can't go wrong with those, they are hardy as rock. Keep the substrate bone dry with a full water dish, that's the only thing. The rest is up to Mr. Time, a perfect task for that inexorable evildoer.

Operkoi

Arachnopeon
thanks, he has about 4-5 inches to burrow inand made a sight indent he can fit in under the wood. i was just a little concerned that it appeared to be trying to avoid touching the substrate with its legs

cold blood

Staff member
Subs dry I assume?

Did you pack it down when it was put in?

Operkoi

Arachnopeon
Subs dry and patted down after I added it in, though I did excavate the little starter hole it is in after packing down