Ceratogyrus brachycephalus WF, care and help

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire
Hi, I'm about to receive these slings and I would like to ask about info for care of ceratogyrus b. I don't have very warm room except of summer, do I guess infra red would been fine, right? What temperature should I set for healthy condition for this sprcie? I would like to ask for help about enclosure, substrate, moistening, feeding for slings aswell as adults. Thank You very much for any kind of hrlp

krequiem

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm about to receive these slings and I would like to ask about info for care of ceratogyrus b. I don't have very warm room except of summer, do I guess infra red would been fine, right? What temperature should I set for healthy condition for this sprcie? I would like to ask for help about enclosure, substrate, moistening, feeding for slings aswell as adults. Thank You very much for any kind of hrlp
Your best bet would be to start with this thread: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-information-for-beginners-and-more.318718/

Please don't use heat directly on a T's enclosure. They are attracted to the heat and will not thermo regulate the way reptiles do. Heat directly on the enclosure will desiccate them (dry them out and kill them).

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Read the begginers thread and start with a beginner Tarantula after you have studied the species you want and make the enclosure up post pics to make sure you are setting it all up fine for you're future Tarantula then go ahead and purchase do not impulse buy as behavior in Tarantulas vary in different species and also different sizes of the same species

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire
Read the begginers thread and start with a beginner Tarantula after you have studied the species you want and make the enclosure up post pics to make sure you are setting it all up fine for you're future Tarantula then go ahead and purchase do not impulse buy as behavior in Tarantulas vary in different species and also different sizes of the same species
Hello Andrew and krequiem, I already have several tarantulas, so I wouldnt call myself a beginner, aswell as not an advanced, Im keeping so far about 1 and half year, but didnt know about infra red, thanks a lot for mentioning that! :)

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Hello Andrew and krequiem, I already have several tarantulas, so I wouldnt call myself a beginner, aswell as not an advanced, Im keeping so far about 1 and half year, but didnt know about infra red, thanks a lot for mentioning that! :)
If you put the @ symbol before ppls names it will directly tag them in the post. If you stay in a colder climate usually you're indoor heating is enough as long as it's comfortable for you to chill in they should be fine in it too its that simple there is no use for infrared ime although a blacklight can be cool if you have scorps(nothing to do with the convo but worth a look for any beginner Invert keeper)

krequiem

Arachnopeon
In that case, check out the following threads. They cover other care of other Ceratogyrus species from the same region as brachycephalus.
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/c-marshalli-care.269853/
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ceratogyrus-darlingi-care.311400/

I'd start out with what's recommended for darlingi and marshalli and adjust as you see fit based on behavior and health of your slings.