Centruroides vittatus Help

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
Today at school, on my way to the bus, I saw a spider web and a weird shape. When I looked closer, the "shape" was a young scorpion (Centruroides vittatus). I took him out of the web (just for notes, the spider was dead, also, it was a 'Common House Spider' (I forgot scientific name)) and so far, he hasn't been moving other than occasionally moving his legs, or puffing himself up if I accidentally touch him (like when putting him in a jar for a bit). Anyone know if I can save this lil' guy?
HNI_0096_MPO.JPG HNI_0097_MPO.JPG

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's not a normal pose for a scorp and if it isn't running around when disturbed it's probably not going to make it. I'd just put it in the freezer so it can go peacefully, but you can wait till others chime in on this.

Both inverts might have gotten a spritz of pesticide and while it killed the spider, the scorp mostly lived. Spider may or may not have gotten a bite in before dying, so the scorp would be on it's way out anyway. Another possibility could be that the spider bit the scorp but the scorp stung the spider.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I had a Centruroides hentzi that was dead in that position, so most likely it won't live. Anyway, good luck.

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
That sucks, I'm sorry. I poked him a moment ago (just to see if he had passed), and he moved! Not quite a run, but, a large improvement in my opinion (not just repositioning, but walking away) . His tail also was raised up, which I assume in normal, right? Picture incoming

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Perhaps it will survive. Doesn't look promising at the moment to be honest.