Advertisement Was stung by a centruroides hentzi when I had my hand in a setup with at least half a dozen in it. It was such a mild sting, I barely noticed that it happened. It was on my middle finger right above the nail. It happened just before I left my apartment to drive my daughter to her mother's house over an hour away. While i was driving about 10-15 minutes after the occurrence, I noticed my finger was throbbing a little bit and there was a slight red mark where it got me (more pink than red really). The pain was comparable to when you stick your tongue on a live battery, if you know what that's like.. overall, not that big of a deal.