Centruroides gracilis

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
I will be buying one of these soon, and I want to make sure I have the cage set up perfect! Can anyone give suggestions on how the cage should be set up? I have yet to start because I am unsure of soil and hides as well as if this should been housed alone or if it can be housed with another one of the same species. Any help is appreciated!

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
I'm pretty sure all Centruroides are communal but don't take my word for it
I never kept any species of this genus so when it comes to care I'll let the others give their advice )

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Very easy sp to keep.. theyr require both vertical bark and floor hides. An inch or so of cocofiber or peat substrate will do just fine. Keep most of the substrate moist with a lid on the enclosure that has little ventilation to keep humidity up.. if you want to keep multiple together. I'd reccomend making sure theyre adults

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
Centruroides Gracilis is a communal species when they have plenty of hides and enclosure space.
  • Temps 75 - 85 F.(semi-arid habitat, warmer/dryer)
  • Humidity levels 50% - 70% (Centruroides do still require some moisture and humidity)
  • Coco fiber substrate with sand mixed %40 %60, 2 Gallon enclosure, or larger if kept communally, substrate depth 1-2in.
  • Cork bark hides, rocks/stones, give plenty of hiding places and some vertical bark, they like to climb.
  • Give one side of the enclosure a good misting once a week and feed every 7-10 days.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Just one? :(
As others stated, easy to keep, requiring high humidity with both vertical and horizontal climbing places. Scorplings I fed twice a week, juvenile to adult are weekly now. I use topsoil as substrate, coco fiber tends to mold if constantly moist. I've watched 2 adults drinking from the same dish together.
Yeah, definitely a communal species! Good beginners species also. Older photo of my communal tank.
gracilis communal.jpg
One enjoying dinner.
Ahhh! Dinnertime..jpg