1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centruroides Exilicauda (New additions)

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by ArachnoDrew, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ArachnoDrew

ArachnoDrew Arachnoangel Active Member

Advertisement
    Got a couple "Freebees" yesterday, very cool little guys. Super bright little fireballs got a trio going in a small acryclic enclosure. 2 weeks old

20170711_215515.jpg Screenshot_20170711-211715.png Screenshot_20170711-211704.png 20170711_224208.jpg 20170712_061830.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. brandontmyers

brandontmyers Arachnoangel Old Timer

These are going to be Centruroides sculpturatus unless they were caught in Baja California. C. exilicauda only occurs on the Baja California peninsula.

The were separated as two separate species in 2004.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15358055

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ArachnoDrew

I am very aware of that but according to owner who is a long time owner of a veriety of arizona, new mexico. Scorps, and one other knowledgeable source they both claimed they appear to be true Exilicauda but i however have no way of confirming

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  4. brandontmyers

brandontmyers Arachnoangel Old Timer

If that is the case, that's awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ArachnoDrew

I really hope they are. I just dont know what physical features would tell them apart so i can iD after a few molts

6. TheScorpionMan

TheScorpionMan Arachnoknight

Texas
    Beautiful scorps either way. Im sure someone on here can give an id once they get big enough

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Extensionofgreen

Extensionofgreen Arachnosquire

They ARE little fireballs! They are awesome. Once I'm finished assembling my collection of more coveted/rare items, I want to snap up some of these guys.

8. ArachnoDrew

Yea they are cool. Very active. Love the bright color. Hoepfully they stay that way for a while

9. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

I had a few C exilicauda way back when that I got from a San Diego hobbyist and they were straight from Baja. Awesome species and I haven't seen any offered in years. If those are true C exilicauda I am excited for you and will want to obtain some. Brandon is 100% right, if they are not from Baja, you have C sculpturatus.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ArachnoDrew

Yea ive been doing all kinds of reading. I just wish their was some physical feature that told them apart. Other than locality. It seems i can only take his word for it lol. Unless someone else knows any differences

11. RTTB

RTTB Arachnoprince Active Member

I hope they are C exilicauda. The fact you got them as freebies is awesome as they just don't seem to surface often for sale/trade.

12. Stenodactylus

Stenodactylus Arachnosquire

Very awesome little guys! Didn't know they were so bright as juveniles! Nice to see Centruroides being kept. Definitely hope they are exilicauda!

13. Stugy

Stugy Arachnolord Active Member

I w a n t ! As most of us here has said, I hope they are the real deal!

14. soldierof4cheese

soldierof4cheese Arachnoknight Active Member

Nice additions to your growing collection, congrats :)

15. ArachnoDrew

They're super fun to watch, very active, and have all taken down a roach nymph their own size lol 20170712_172343.jpg

• Like Like x 5