Centrobolus Mozambique help!!

EdP92

Arachnopeon
Hi guys just wondered if anyone could help me out! I received an order of millipedes today and one of the centrobolus Mozambique was found in bad shape upon unpacking. It is unable to use the rear half of its body and was dragging it along. I would assume that as it's moving around it may be a disturbed moulting? But could you take a look and fire some opinions at me.

Attachments

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Yes, most likely it is dying. Shipping can cause a lot of stress; he could have been pinched or handled roughly. But no matter what happened, the best action on your part is to supply his needs and don't touch him or pick him up in the case you may injure him further. Such a beautiful millipede! I do hope he pulls through.

Last edited:

EdP92

Arachnopeon
Yes, most likely it is dying. Shipping can cause a lot of stress; he could have been pinched or handled roughly. But no matter what happened, the best action on your part is to supply his needs and don't touch him or pick him up in the case you may injure him further. Such a beautiful millipede! I do home he pulls through.
Thank you would be brilliant if he pulls through but I get the feeling he isn't going to

7Fin

Arachnoknight
Yeah, unfortunately Centrobolus aren't super hardy, but I'll make sure to be banking for the little guy. As for the rest, make sure that you have relatively cool tempurates (20-21 seems to work best for mine) and moderate humidity, maybe a bit damper than most. They're a really great species, my two are really active and started mating after about a month or so. Now I see them mating almost every second day. Good luck with them! :3

EdP92

Arachnopeon
Yeah, unfortunately Centrobolus aren't super hardy, but I'll make sure to be banking for the little guy. As for the rest, make sure that you have relatively cool tempurates (20-21 seems to work best for mine) and moderate humidity, maybe a bit damper than most. They're a really great species, my two are really active and started mating after about a month or so. Now I see them mating almost every second day. Good luck with them! :3
Thanks guys but he/she is sadly now gone, but I am getting a replacement sent out tomorrow so fingers crossed that this time the little ones arrive ok! Yer they're a stunning species, I'm currently keeping giant African blacks, anadenobolus monollicornus, spirostreptida gregorius, tonkinbolus dolfusii, centrobolus Mozambique, Burmese beauties and dendrostreprus macracanthus all going well so far!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Thanks guys but he/she is sadly now gone, but I am getting a replacement sent out tomorrow so fingers crossed that this time the little ones arrive ok! Yer they're a stunning species, I'm currently keeping giant African blacks, anadenobolus monollicornus, spirostreptida gregorius, tonkinbolus dolfusii, centrobolus Mozambique, Burmese beauties and dendrostreprus macracanthus all going well so far!
How old are your Pinklegs? I have some tiny babies I'm excited about. What are the Burmese Beauties like? Do you have a photo?

I'm glad you can at least get a replacement.

EdP92

Arachnopeon
How old are your Pinklegs? I have some tiny babies I'm excited about. What are the Burmese Beauties like? Do you have a photo?

I'm glad you can at least get a replacement.
My pink legs are about 2-3cm long at the moment had from tiny little babies so doing really well seem to favour a long period of fairly dry with a light misting very very occasionally. And unfortunately I don't have a pic of mine at the moment but they seem to spend alot of their time buried whereas the tonkinbolus dolfusii spend most of their time on the surface.