centipede questions:

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First for my setup. All I have in my setup is enough substrate for the pede to burrow and cork bark. Is that good enough? Next, my centipede is a subspinipes yet it is small. Not even close to being the size of almost any subspinipes I have seen on the web. Why is he still small? Again for the setup. Is there any safe, basic and not to expensive setup I can have for my pede?

Cheers,

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
most of my cents just have substrate and maybe a piece of structure to hide under

it's small cuz it isn't big yet =P

a big ol' jug is tops

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
most of my cents just have substrate and maybe a piece of structure to hide under

it's small cuz it isn't big yet =P

a big ol' jug is tops

But about the size. Like every animal I get seems to just stop molting and it's getting kind of annoying. I want a big wopper for once instead of always getting the tiny ones. But when I seen Galapoheors (something like that) and Sitas with a nice light, nice decorations, big cage it felt like I was abusing my pede because all I have is a fairly small cage with substrate and cork bark. My setup is so laim compared to others. I also can't afford to keep on buying these small yet escape proof cages and I am to paranoid about my centipede getting out (it is my first) to keep it in something too simple.

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
third of my pedes molted with just jungle-mix subs. All same containers :)

One pictured a 4"+ Vanauta Molted in my care.

If their 7' inchers or more they take quite awhile to molt!!!!

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
swatc1h said:
third of my pedes molted with just jungle-mix subs. All same containers :)

One pictured a 4"+ Vanauta Molted in my care.

If their 7' inchers or more they take quite awhile to molt!!!!

well I have never actually measured my pede but he looks to be around 6 inches so it will be awhile before he molts?

Cheers,