Centipede had eggs, need help

Axel R

Arachnopeon
So I noticed that my S. Subspinipes had not been present for some time, and when i went to check on her i saw that she had eggs. I'm a bit new to centipede keeping, and completely in the dark when it comes to raising babies. I still want to try to raise them properly so any advice?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Do not disturb her or she may eat the eggs. Best to leave her alone completely with as little disruption as possible. She will do most of the raising of the babies until they get to the stage where they are running around and can be separated.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yes, like @NYAN said, do nothing. When my female was gravid she disappeared as well, under the cork bark, for months. Then, one day, already 'badass attitude' pedelings were all over the place.

I wasn't aware, of course, that she was gravid because, actually, I wasn't even aware (prior) of her sex to begin with, since 98% of 'pedes available in the trade are sold WC and unsexed.

That day I've discovered both :pompous:

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
No feeding, noise, light, misting, limit checkups on eggs to a few seconds. You can start feeding the mother once the plings are capable of movement. There were several good threads on here recently, do some searching on the boards.

Be prepared for a lot of babies.