Centipede bite pictures

Myron

Arachnopeon
I would like to know if anybody has any experiences with centipede bites and wiuld like to see pictures as well. Currently im in Hawaii where scolopendra sp. Is the most common. In my work i spend plenty of time in the jungle and sleeping on the ground. I haven't been bit but I've had guys wind up in the hospital since pedes like the warmtg of a sleeping bag and hate sharing. Im just looking for experiences/pictures and results. In sure there is another thread here somewhere with a similar subject but the most recent i found was roughly 2016.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Scolopendra heros arizonensis adult with 7-10 second envenomation

I didn’t post a bite report, but the pain reached its peak about an hour after the envenomation. After 3-4 hours the pain was mild-moderate levels. The swelling lingered for at least 3 days. Itching lasted for well over a week. It hurt less than hainanum overall. The pain was a burning mixed with being smashed with a hammer. Around the bite site felt like frozen needles were being driven into my skin.
C448E1E6-42DE-43E3-B32F-30D1BE0BB2CE.jpeg 49BC2F77-55B1-48C6-8632-29CA38257F58.jpeg

Scolopendra hainanum juvenile (this one would be closest in comparison to Hawaiian species).

Bite report: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/scolopendra-hainanum.308202/
FF9FCCEB-7CF9-4777-B484-CD1DA6C2BE35.jpeg

Last edited:

Scoly

Arachnobaron
@NYAN you should submit a bite report, they all help, though I'm not sure where the bite report section is anymore...

Myron

Arachnopeon
Scolopendra heros arizonensis adult with 7-10 second envenomation

I didn’t post a bite report, but the pain reached its peak about an hour after the envenomation. After 3-4 hours the pain was mild-moderate levels. The swelling lingered for at least 3 days. Itching lasted for well over a week. It hurt less than hainanum overall. The pain was a burning mixed with being smashed with a hammer. Around the bite site felt like frozen needles were being driven into my skin.
View attachment 292917 View attachment 292918

Scolopendra hainanum juvenile (this one would be closest in comparison to Hawaiian species).

Bite report: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/scolopendra-hainanum.308202/
View attachment 292919
That dont look so great