Cave Spider ?

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure if this belongs here in this forum or what. I tried posting in the scorpions forum sometime back and no real answers. Im interested in Damon diadema . Ive heard them called Cave Spiders , or Tailless Whipscorpions also. Does anyone have one? If so , what are they like ? Thanks !

FelixA9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup , thats them . Ive seen smaller species . I dunno call me crazy , they are kinda ugly. But I do like the unusual .

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi, these are Amplyfugids, and belong to they'r own order. I do believe i have read somewhere that they're closer related to spiders than scorpions, i'm not sure. Anyways they are interesting creatures, i currently keep one, but i think i will be getting some more as they can be kept comunally.

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They are very easy to keep. Very docile and they are not poisonous. Use a a terrarium with cork bark glued to the back wall so that they can climb. Have a rather thick layer of peat/soil iin the bottom to keep humidity high, around 70-80% should do it. They dont need so much floor space as hight . Feed them with medium large crickets 1-2 times a week, and they should be happy.

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
By the way, they are rather fast so watch out for esapees when you open the terrarium. They move like crabs, really funny to watch.