Catching up

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
Hi all, been offline for a few months, and I see there are some changes as far as scientific names. Been a busy year so far.
Ive noticed name changes in Avic. and Nhandu.
Any others this year I should know about?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hi all, been offline for a few months, and I see there are some changes as far as scientific names. Been a busy year so far.
Ive noticed name changes in Avic. and Nhandu.
Any others this year I should know about?
B.smithi is now B.hamorii. Some former avicularia have changed genera and are now considered Ybrapora and Caribena. O.violacepes is back to Lampropelma and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more... wich species of Nhandu are you referring too?

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
B.smithi is now B.hamorii. Some former avicularia have changed genera and are now considered Ybrapora and Caribena. O.violacepes is back to Lampropelma and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more... wich species of Nhandu are you referring too?
yes ^
And I guess Nhandu Chromatus is now known as Vitalius cristatus or is it the other way around?

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
Ive seen a couple vendors with them re-labeled. But not sure one way or another which is current, not that it really makes any difference to me.

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
The big change I noticed right away is Versi's were renamed in march to Caribena Versicolor! Whaaaaat !

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Vitalius cristatus is the old name for Nhandu chromatus.

Brachypelma smithi is now Brachypelma hamorii
Brachypelma annitha is now Brachypelma smithi
Avicularia laeta/versicolor were moved to Caribena
Avicularia rickwesti was moved to Antillena
Avicularia diversipes/gamba/sooretama were moved to Ybyrapora

Avicularia has been cut down to 12 species with most of the rest declared as nomen dubium or as junior synonyms of one of the 12 (e.g. A. amazonica is most likely A. variegata)

That's the most recent ones I can think of

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I could be wrong, but I believe Vitalius cristatus is what they were formerly named.
Ive seen a couple vendors with them re-labeled. But not sure one way or another which is current, not that it really makes any difference to me.
It was the former name of the Nhandu. Some vendors refuse to update their labels. There's a vendor here that keeps labeling the P.muticus as C.crawshayi :bucktooth:

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
@The Grym Reaper, as if B. Smithi identification wasn't hard enough already now they rename it to confuse everyone.

Avic latin names seem like a mess now. I guess I have a lot of reading to do.

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
On a side note I now have a 100sq foot room ready to renovate that will be solely dedicated to my collection, but ill save that project for another future thread. ;)