Catching scorps

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I live in the colton california I was wondering where the nearest place I could find and catch scorps?

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Try any woodland or desert that might be near you and you should be able to find some interesting scorps.

Also, always remember to post pics of your catches if you have a camera!

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I will dont owrry as for forests havent seen any got some arge sandy hot field things and I've searched em to everypart of sand grain and nothing not even a good ol' california ebony tarantula and I'm running outa hope of finding a T or scorp

biznacho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know for a fact that about 10 miles east of Redlands up in the woods you can find Anuroctonus phaiodactylus. So you may be able to find some down by you.

I was a volunteer camp counselor at Forest Home up there and a few kids found scorpions durring the week i was there. After a some poking and prodding the staff let the lil buggers go in an isolated corner of camp. The kids said they were just fliping rocks over and picking them up to build a wall. I wish I had a camera that week and the guy who did take pics was from a different group.

One of the kids also found a small (aprox. 2.5")centipede and he was carrying down to the nature center when it bit him on the thumb, i dont think it pierced the skin but he felt a nibble.

I'd wait until the very late afternoon to hunt. it gets damn hot out there, but you live there, so you might be better aclimated.

biznacho

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
*coughs just moved downfrom Ontario canda.. ITS HOT!! cough cough* lol

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
am going to big bear mnt soon to scorp hunt any suggestions on best way to nab them without them nabbing me with stinger?

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Plop a deli cup over the scorp and slide a thin piece of cardboard under the inverted cup and flip it over...viola! scorp in deil cup...place lid on top or move to smaller container.

John
];')