castaneiceps/banded heros heros 2.0

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Due to a good measure of generosity from Galapoheros I am pursuing a second generation of these. I neglected to take well lit photos so you'll just have to use your imagination for the time being. After a couple of obligatory "kisses" and an exploration of the mating enclosure the male got down to business. From the first shake of the terminals to #1 picking up the spermatophore, it took approx. 1 hr, 15 min.

Sexes:

4 females, 1 male

The lone male, who I shall call Randy from here on out. Fairly obvious what makes him a boy, no?

"Hey, my eyes are up here", says Randy.

"No, really. Follow me."

really dark video:
http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/zonbonzovi/?action=view&current=P1100825-1.mp4

What's another name for pirate treasure?

And...the elusive pearl.

I'll be pairing the remainder over the next few weeks. Hopefully that gives Randy time to fill the spank bank in between each hook-up.

Thanks for looking;)

Nanotrev

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome to see this!

Hopefully my heros heros will breed with my Texas redhead in a few years when my pair is done. I'm also going to be breeding my own crickets from Ghann's cricket farm as soon as they get the banded crickets in. Those seem really promising to me though I might actually prefer the Gryllus. Which reminds me, I think locusts would be a great prey item for pedes to hunt. Has anyone tried breeding them? I imagine the first generation of young produced in captivity would be ok to feed to the pedes.

While I'm at it, incoming pictures of my heros heros later today. :)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pure evil ...pure.....evil. 4 and 1male, perfect, esp. for that male, should be interesting.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Yeah, not the numbers I was hoping for but he's very eager to mate and is 2nd in girth/length. I'll probably put on the Sade again tonight and leave a strawberry on the pillow;)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
^Me too. Gala has had some variation from other mixed color breedings.

Another pairing this weekend with a different female went well. Randy is a firecracker!