1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CARNIVOROUS PLANT gallery

Discussion in 'Live Plants' started by kgrizzlefoshizzle, Aug 23, 2017.

1. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnoangel Active Member

Advertisement
    With regards to the first point: really. I promise. On soil that almost any other plants can grow on, they exclude carnivorous plants. Remember that the important factor in this case is soil chemistry, which you can't see. This means that cp's are abundant where they're present, but their habitats are few and far between.
    With regards to the second case: that's fair, but I still wouldn't recommend collection, because you never quite know what development will look like at the end. Plus, you don't have to collect entire plants--you can take cuttings and leave the rootstock intact. Plants taken from the wild are stressed enough that getting them to survive is an upward battle anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. schmiggle

Can confirm, a bit pricey but very reliable

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dennis Nedry

Dennis Nedry Arachnosquire Active Member

I'll take this into account for the future

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Snark

The Snark Dancing with the enemy gods Old Timer

Is neglect a botanical discipline?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. schmiggle

Honestly, a little. A lot of people over care for their plants, and then the plants die from being smothered by love. It's worth remembering that in the wild nobod cares for them, so when they have conditions they like they just do their own thing.
    I wonder if I do well at plants, herps, bugs etc. because they seem to to think like me :p

6. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    I am getting one next week!!!

EBBC2864-C943-4AAA-AD72-81A16050385B.jpeg

Due to the fact that I have too many wax worms in my possession, and tarantulas are not eating so often.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Myrmeleon

Myrmeleon Arachnopeon Active Member

Nice! Where are you getting it from?

8. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    It was from petflytrap.com.

9. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    I think it goes with inverts also to a degree, with all the boiling of wood hides and frying, bleaching, it has never worked for me. Adding leaves from my yard and letting mold, moss and fungus grow(as long as it's not on dead animals), letting predatory mites roam around, small earwigs that came from ...who knows where, discriminating pill bug picks, allowing nature-like conditions take place, things over here thrive.

• Agree Agree x 1