Caribena Versicolour Care?

NaCon

Arachnopeon
Spoke with the wife, we have decided against the Sp red, due to lack of availability, and other reasons which I’ll spare the details.

Enter the Caribena Versicolour, one we have happily agreed on (compared to the Sp.red) need some basic care info, such as Husbandry, wether they need a dry enclosure with a little dish, or more of a moist substrate/enclosure, temp/humidity.
And what is best to feed for slings of this species? As I’ll be getting a 1-2CM sling

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
I keep mine with essentially bone-dry substrate. I do slightly overflow the water dish sometimes though. Of course give them a water dish. Room temperature is fine. My about 1.5cm sling takes prekilled crickets no problem (I just throw it in the freezer for like 15 minutes). Make sure it has some bark to climb, with a bunch of foliage or stuff around the top so they can anchor their web tunnels there. Ex Avics tend to do all their webbing high up. They aren't hard to take care of though.

Attachments

FOREVER

Arachnopeon
I keep my now 2cm sling (was 1cm when i got it) on bone dry substrate with a vertical cork bark and fake plant to anchor its web. Just give it some height and loads of cross ventilation (heard its rly important for versicolor) other than that it's a pretty easy T to care for, mine have been eating live cricket since day one and is about to molt for the 2nd time in my care (i've had it for 2 month).

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Spoke with the wife, we have decided against the Sp red, due to lack of availability, and other reasons which I’ll spare the details.

Enter the Caribena Versicolour, one we have happily agreed on (compared to the Sp.red) need some basic care info, such as Husbandry, wether they need a dry enclosure with a little dish, or more of a moist substrate/enclosure, temp/humidity.
And what is best to feed for slings of this species? As I’ll be getting a 1-2CM sling
There are other reasons you guys are against one of the best Ts to start with??? What are they?

NaCon

Arachnopeon
There are other reasons you guys are against one of the best Ts to start with??? What are they?
We’re not against owning one ever, we just think a larger T is better for us stepping Into the hobby, especially with my wife who is using the hobby to overcome her fears, I’ve noticed the smaller the spider, the worse she is, plus availability no one seems to actively breed and sell them in the U.K., I’ve tried EU shippers with no luck.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
She’s more afraid of the smaller one ? What ??? O well good luck , what you decide on? A genic is. Good choice or a lasiodora they get big.
Believe me the spider itself is more afraid of you!they don’t wana end up a meal

NaCon

Arachnopeon
She’s more afraid of the smaller one ? What ??? O well good luck , what you decide on? A genic is. Good choice or a lasiodora they get big.
Believe me the spider itself is more afraid of you!they don’t wana end up a meal
Don’t ask I don’t understand it either, she’s a weird one when it comes to spiders, extremely small money spiders, or realitivly large ones she’s okay with?? But the average house spider size is a big NO NO

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Don’t ask I don’t understand it either, she’s a weird one when it comes to spiders, extremely small money spiders, or realitivly large ones she’s okay with?? But the average house spider size is a big NO NO
This seems pretty common amongst some folks, heard it many times before...I think this stems from a fear of true spiders.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
My C. versi always took live prey with no problem. She was a ferocious piece of pocket lint.