Caribena vers sling

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
UPD:

Does it look like suitable enclosure? I did many of holes everywhere and put a little cup on the dry ground.

If there any chance someone could describe to me meaning of the word "bolt/bolting"? There is no accurate translate on Russian.
The word bolt means for ones T to run in any random direction really fast.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I tried to do it yesterday. Guess what? Nobody believe me. I created a post in russian social media in one of the biggest group of keepers. I gave them the links with proofs, but they too suspicious. Sad.
Sad! Aren't their versicolors and Avics dying? Do they think they have a very short lifespan? Or that they're just too difficult to keep in captivity? :cry:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
UPD:

Does it look like suitable enclosure? I did many of holes everywhere and put a little cup on the dry ground.

If there any chance someone could describe to me meaning of the word "bolt/bolting"? There is no accurate translate on Russian.
Welcome to Arachnoboards :)

I had a question about that 'door' in its cup, how are you closing this after you finished feeding?

Ekaterina

Arachnopeon
Sad! Aren't their versicolors and Avics dying? Do they think they have a very short lifespan? Or that they're just too difficult to keep in captivity? :cry:
Sometimes. But mostly their versicolors survive. I don't know how. Maybe the reason is that they let the substrate to dry. They think that low humidity could affect the bright colors of the versicolor. Also, russian keepers really think that caribena is too difficult to keep, but they try again and again..

Welcome to Arachnoboards :)

I had a question about that 'door' in its cup, how are you closing this after you finished feeding?
Hi! Thank you!

I took an extra photos for you.

Here is the whole enclosure:

View from above:

Here you can see both parts of the enclosure separately:

Opened enclosure:

Closed enclosure:

I did it cause I don't want to rip off the spider's web.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Hi! Thank you!

I took an extra photos for you.

Here is the whole enclosure:

View from above:

Here you can see both parts of the enclosure separately:

Opened enclosure:

Closed enclosure:

I did it cause I don't want to rip off the spider's web.
That's awesome! This way you only have to open it a tiny bit for feeding and watering, genius! I think I'm going to try something like this for my P.ornata sling, it's very skittish, racing through its cup if I so much as touch it.

Thanks for the pictures and idea! :kiss:

Ekaterina

Arachnopeon
That's awesome! This way you only have to open it a tiny bit for feeding and watering, genius! I think I'm going to try something like this for my P.ornata sling, it's very skittish, racing through its cup if I so much as touch it.

Thanks for the pictures and idea! :kiss:
I'm glad that you liked it. Can't wait to hear about your experience.
Good luck with it! :happy:

cold blood

Staff member
They think that low humidity could affect the bright colors of the versicolor
That is seriously one of the very dumbest things I have ever heard.....baffling that people would actually believe this. Its like saying washing a dog too often will dull its colors....lol.:rolleyes:

Also, russian keepers really think that caribena is too difficult to keep, but they try again and again..
This was once common worldwide and was the direct result of improper care being spread as the right care. For decades this [high humidity] belief cost the lives of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of Avic related species, even leading to the (incorrect) term of SADS or sudden avic death syndrome. People followed what they believed were the right conditions and when the results went wrong, keepers, assuming they were doing things correctly, believed these deaths to be completely random and unexplained....but they weren't, they were just being kept all wrong. The ones not dying were actually just getting lucky.

We now know better, and since changing our ways, we have come to realize that Avic species (and relatives) are actually quite hardy...in fact, versicolor are probably the hardiest of them all.

Ekaterina

Arachnopeon
That is seriously one of the very dumbest things I have ever heard.....baffling that people would actually believe this. Its like saying washing a dog too often will dull its colors....lol.:rolleyes:
I am absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately, this is not the only dumb thing that you can read there.

This was once common worldwide and was the direct result of improper care being spread as the right care. For decades this [high humidity] belief cost the lives of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of Avic related species, even leading to the (incorrect) term of SADS or sudden avic death syndrome. People followed what they believed were the right conditions and when the results went wrong, keepers, assuming they were doing things correctly, believed these deaths to be completely random and unexplained....but they weren't, they were just being kept all wrong. The ones not dying were actually just getting lucky.

We now know better, and since changing our ways, we have come to realize that Avic species (and relatives) are actually quite hardy...in fact, versicolor are probably the hardiest of them all.
I've read about that. Sadly fact: it is hard to change people's mind, when they believe in something with their whole soul. P.S. I don't know, do you use such phrases in eng language or not, but in Russia it is a common phrase.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
i have generally heard it said with their whole heart but it is very easily understood.