Care sheet for P. Victorii

Chilobrachyfanatic

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! I’m planning to get a P victorii but i cant seem to find any care sheet with details about it. If ya’ll can just share some ideas and insight on how to take care of them it would be awesome thanks!

imre3

Arachnopeon
Exactly the same as any other psalmopoeus. They tolerate a lot. Arboreal setup, with enough substrate for them to build a dirt courtain near from the ground. They are not moisture dependent, but I keep a moist corner near their cork bark and a water dish. Keep the slings a little more moist.

Chilobrachyfanatic

Arachnopeon
Exactly the same as any other psalmopoeus. They tolerate a lot. Arboreal setup, with enough substrate for them to build a dirt courtain near from the ground. They are not moisture dependent, but I keep a moist corner near their cork bark and a water dish. Keep the slings a little more moist.
Okay i see!! Not that hard really. They like to make curtains i see. Thanks man

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Psalmopoeus spp. have pretty much the same care, keep on slightly moist substrate (you should provide enough so that it can burrow if it wants to), vertical bark leant against the side or into the corner, plant cover at low-mid height around the bark, and a water dish.

Non Avic setup 1.jpg Non Avic setup 2.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey guys! I’m planning to get a P victorii but i cant seem to find any care sheet with details about it. If ya’ll can just share some ideas and insight on how to take care of them it would be awesome thanks!
Care sheets KILL tarantulas.

Chilobrachyfanatic

Arachnopeon
Psalmopoeus spp. have pretty much the same care, keep on slightly moist substrate (you should provide enough so that it can burrow if it wants to), vertical bark leant against the side or into the corner, plant cover at low-mid height around the bark, and a water dish.

View attachment 318045 View attachment 318046
Okay thanks for the picture for reference!

Care sheets KILL tarantulas.
I dont follow it all and I think outside the box. I just need an idea from fellow hobbyist thanks man

Last edited by a moderator:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Okay thanks for the picture for reference!
No worries, very cool species, I picked up a sling about 18 months ago and unfortunately it turned out to be male but one of the sellers here decided to knock 20% off the price of all his slings for a bit so I've got 2 more coming Friday

Chilobrachyfanatic

Arachnopeon
No worries, very cool species, I picked up a sling about 18 months ago and unfortunately it turned out to be male but one of the sellers here decided to knock 20% off the price of all his slings for a bit so I've got 2 more coming Friday
Got an update! Just got my Victorii slings all 3 of them are healthy. Will fix their enclosure tom and send pictures

Got an update! Just got my Victorii slings all 3 of them are healthy. Will fix their enclosure tom and send pictures
Do you keep your subs slightly moist? Then let it
dry?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
The most defensive T species I own - and mine are still slings. Two of my three struck the paint brush bristles when I was housing them.