Carapace stuck on C. darlingi

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yepp i was into the huge lipo powered trucks. But anyways im going inside to observe my new tarantulas im not touching theese like the baby pink toe that i accidentally killed i guess. First try never works good for me lol. Hopefully my substrate dries out properly. Im not the type of person to do any planning lol but i do the best i can :) and wow you've been on here since 2006 and ive only just begun
Longer than 2006, I was lurking around reading without an account ;) Been doing Ts long before I joined here

spacelord

Arachnosquire
Longer than 2006, I was lurking around reading without an account ;) Been doing Ts long before I joined here
My grandma would flip if she saw me with a t lol so i have 2

So let me ask this....can i run my ceiling fan or will it affect the tarantulas

Last edited by a moderator:

Theneil

Arachnoprince
On a side note i would probably make sure to turn off the fan before opening any enclosures.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I run a ceiling fan 24/7 and also have floor fans that run often (I realllly don't do well with heat)... it has never effected my Ts.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I was reading this from a 2013 forum posted in here some guys were apparently experimenting on how their t's reacted with fans. Pretty interesting stuff http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantulas-and-ceiling-fans-an-experiment.248510/
Ahh, that IS interesting!

Our AF P. cancerides is often upside down on her screen lid... but we also have since moved, the Ts are in a room without a fan at all now and she still does it lol It is definitely worth noting that Ts are sensitive to vibration and airflow though, so some surely are disturbed by fans!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So let me ask this....can i run my ceiling fan or will it affect the tarantulas
Depends on the force of the fan, species and specimen.

Ran one once, and 5 Ts lit up, including my AF Chaco, and she has never freaked out, nor moved fast.

Everyone's Ts and equipment are different. DO NOT forget that. Good for one person, bad for another.