Can't touch roaches

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
A textbook example of this reassignment would be my sis. (Hoping she never reads this). She derives erotic stimulation, another primal, basal response, from firing guns. The louder the bang and the harder the recoil, the more she enjoys it.
Luckily, I've avoided the knowledge of what erotically stimulates my sister.... and I'd like to keep it that way:astonished:

user 666

Arachnobaron
Hi everyone!
Is anyone else who breeds roaches (for feeding or otherwise) scared of touching them? It may sound silly but I recently got some dubias to start a colony and I just cannot imagine habdling them. When I was buying nymphs when my spider was smaller I had no major problems but it's not the same with adults. And I am not repulsed by them in the sense that I can't look at them or anything like that. I just can't touch them. Does anyone have the same problem?
I don't have a phobia but I do have trouble catching crickets. That's why I use a bag vac:
http://amzn.to/2kI7SFx

maybe that could help you?

Stugy

Arachnolord
American, German, and Oriental cockroaches are N A S T Y and they carry disease. They bug most of us.
For me it's mostly American roaches. I (for some crazy reason in which I think I should seek therapy for) I want to get some German cockroaches. I think it would be fun to not get your way and just sit there all like, "I got roaches that will infest your house and ruin your lifestyle :) Please keep messing with me. You won't have much fun when you open that backpack."

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Can't say the same for roaches (as i've never had them. Can't stand them since i was a kid and i always kept insectsl) but I'm the same with crickets! Can't stand them. I always flinch when one jumps on me or whatever. Even tho i got better with them recently and even caught some by hand

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
But back then i remember chasing them around the room for ages with those tiny tongs for plucking out eyebrows :rofl:

Stugy

Arachnolord
Can't say the same for roaches (as i've never had them. Can't stand them since i was a kid and i always kept insectsl) but I'm the same with crickets! Can't stand them. I always flinch when one jumps on me or whatever. Even tho i got better with them recently and even caught some by hand
Crickets are the bane of my existence. They always make me look like a scaredy cat. I will never forgive crickets for all the humiliation they have put me through xD

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone!
Is anyone else who breeds roaches (for feeding or otherwise) scared of touching them? It may sound silly but I recently got some dubias to start a colony and I just cannot imagine habdling them. When I was buying nymphs when my spider was smaller I had no major problems but it's not the same with adults. And I am not repulsed by them in the sense that I can't look at them or anything like that. I just can't touch them. Does anyone have the same problem?
I've always loved them because they're so cute and gentle. The bigger ones are honestly better to handle because you're not as worried about them suddenly darting off and being unable to find them. Sounds like you have a phobia.