Can you top this?

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I went to the pet shop today to get mice, superworms, and crickets. For sale was a 3" "stripeknee" for $19.95, only it wasn't a "stripeknee", it was a fat 3" female B. smithi in fantastic condition. I took her home {D ;P {D

What is your best "stripeknee" story :confused: What was your biggest arachnid bargain to date?

Dr Pies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your too lucky ;)

My best bargain was a nice big female B.Vagans for £25 with the tank and ornaments included.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
grrrrr...reat deal! Congrats. waz it a local pet store or a petco?

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, I got an adult Avic avic and a 3 inch cobalt blue for $55 total, complete with 2.5 gallon tank setups.

I've also gotten a 3" Chaco Golden Knee for $40. (That was my first T ever, and I thought I was buying a Pink Zebra Beauty). I'm not sure I got a deal or if I got ripped off on that one.

FRAZE01

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know if this beats it.3 adult female Asian Chevrons for $70

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Snipes said:
grrrrr...reat deal! Congrats. waz it a local pet store or a petco?
It was a local pet store with the areas best selection of herps and arachnids. There were two Ts for sale today @ $19.95, a Chilean Rose Hair and a "stripeknee". I asked the question, "Is that spider really $19.95?" ,they said yes, and I said, "its sold".

To add insult to injury, she already ate for me, and she never flicked hairs at any time in the enclosure transfers. Her abdomen is perfect without any bald spots. I've owned her a little over 5 hours. It was love at first sight. Who ever said, "money can't buy me love?" It probably wasn't a T, I think it was a beatle. ;)

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
$25cnd for a T.blondi sling. The pet store said it came in with a bunch of rosies and that they had no idea what it was

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
8 leg wonder said:
$25cnd for a T.blondi sling. The pet store said it came in with a bunch of rosies and that they had no idea what it was
I think you win, wouldn't that be around $0.99 in USD? Just jokes. ;)

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Kid Dragon said:
I think you win, wouldn't that be around $0.99 in USD? Just jokes. ;)

At the rate the US dollar is plummeting on the world market, $100US just may turn out to be $.99Cnd!! :8o

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last friday got 26 slings for $400. Included were some C.elegans, some pokies, some T.blondis and more. Thats Canadian money. We have a great breeder/dealer hear in north. Thanks Martin.

Tarantulasse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
At the last reptile convention I saw something that looked like a B. ruhnaui. It was about 1.5-2". My boyfriend and I had just gotten there and I was thinking about purchasing my first tarantula. I asked the person running the booth if it was a golden red rump....He went and checked and said "It's red rump." I asked how much he said $20. I knew this was too little for a golden red rump....but I assumed because I'm an amatuer that maybe I was mistaken, and it was just a red rump, plus I wanted to browse more and was indesicive. So we passed for that moment though somewhere I knew I should'nt of....sure enough when I was at krazy 8's booth a friend of Chris' came up with the spider I had been looking at earlier (turned out it was a ruhnaui) and had purchased it for $45, still cheap for the ruhnaui. He was really excited by his steal....and I was kicking myself for not trusting my first gut instinct. :wall: Either way it got an awesome home :clap: , and I learned that I know more than I think I do about tarantulas...

The next day my boyfriend bought what we are calling the "mistery spider." It's about 3" he got it for $40, and we can't decide if it looks like fire leg or a blood leg. Wish I had a picture, but I don't have a digital camera at the moment. I plan on posting it on here at another time. I'm pretty sure either way at $40 he got a really good deal, it's an awesome spider and good size.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kid Dragon said:
I went to the pet shop today to get mice, superworms, and crickets. For sale was a 3" "stripeknee" for $19.95, only it wasn't a "stripeknee", it was a fat 3" female B. smithi in fantastic condition. I took her home {D ;P {D

What is your best "stripeknee" story :confused: What was your biggest arachnid bargain to date?
Funny story... I went to a petco a while back and picked up a B. emilia and they sold it to me for $19.99 as a Avic. Avic., they had one more so I went back the next day and got the other one sold to me for $16.99 as a rose hair {D they were both just under 2" and are now around 3" so will be able to sex them soon... But one of my best deals was just last year when I picked up a 5" female P. rufilata for $45 + $10 shipping.... $55 for a nice size female ruffy is pretty much a steal...

Wolfchan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I picked up a nice fat female B smithi at a petco for $29.99. I always look to see what kind of deals they have when I go in, but no other lucky finds yet!

Spyderfangz

Arachnopeon
My wife got a 3" G.aureostriata female for $10 but it was only because it had 7 legs. My deal was adult female P.regalis for $40 :D

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a 3 inch P. regalis for $35. Not too bad if you ask me.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Spyderfangz said:
My wife got a 3" G.aureostriata female for $10 but it was only because it had 7 legs. My deal was adult female P.regalis for $40 :D
That gave me an idea, I'm on the lookout for a 7 legged P. metallica ;)

Heartfang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yup, I win... FREE G. rosea AND P. scrofa... pet store said they couldn't take care of them and gave 'em to me.