can you keep adult flatrocks together?

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just curious...i think if i ever get a scorpion i'd get a flatrock and i was just wondering if i could have a couple in the the same tank without any problems

Mechanical-Mind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
perhaps perhaps

in the wild H. troglodytes have been found packed in crevices and under concaved spaces underneath rocks sitting next to each other. they without a doubt have some cannibalism i'm sure, and they're highly prone to cannibalism during mating.... i dunno. i'm nearly positive they're not known for being communal in captivity, but they are in the wild so i don't see why with a well set-up enclosure they can't be....

however, one of the gurus here can tell you off the top of their head's for sure.

-matt

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From what I understand, they are extremely bad with cannibalism. I woudln't risk it.

scorpionking

Arachnopeon
i keep adult banded flatrocks togerther and baby's in groups of three with no problems,just plenty of hiding spots and food.Groups are one male and two female's,just keep an eye on them from time to time,they are known to be cannible's.

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I kept a male and female together for a week. The male died. Mustve been old age of something but they are very much ok around each other, but are very agressive twords humans, watch your fingers they can pinch very hard. Good species for a communal scorp but they need a little more room than bark scorps, but they'll do fine, and they grow to very impressive size, I have a female thats a good 6-7in.
Steve

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Steve,

What makes you think it was old age? That is a possibility, but based on the thread in which we discussed this, there was insufficient information to rule out the female killing him (or even deem it unlikely).

Cheers,
Dave

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I could never get the female to sting, the guy I got him from couldn't get her to sting, she didn't pinch him as nothing was crushed. Its a possiblity she stung him I guess, but I've witnessed them both walk over each other, and the one that was under the other didn't do anything, and vise versa. So, I would say it was very unlikely that the female did anything, and she was cb too, so her temperment shouldn't be as bad as wc's. And the wc male I had was pretty fiesty when I poked at him, ect. Plus the male I had never ate anything so I stuck him in with the female, nothing to lose.
Steve

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i read some care sheets on them and this guy said he fed his on average about 2-3 crickets a year. i guess they don't need a whole lot to eat haha

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
They don't need a lot to survive, but I tend to feed Tamara's more than that by far. Theoreticaly, he may be called into service if we ever get a female, so I want him to be in really good shape.

Cheers,
Dave