Can you help me ID this Dubia cockroach

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought some of these from a shop that has a lot of neat bugs. Its not an english speaking country so the local language calls Dubia by translated sound: Do Bee Ah in mandarin characters. Ive kept a lot of Dubia in Canada and also here in Taiwan. but this group is so much different. the first one just molted tonight to grow its wings, others soon to follow. so here are some quick pics.

the main difference is these are super light brown. Like when many cockroach species go from white after molting then slowly turn to black. these guys are always the light brown middle stage color. Similar like the inner skins of a light peanut in brightness.

Are these really dubia, something else? would love opinions.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Look like dubia to me.

Only mature males get wings, making them easily identifiable.

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK great thanks! previously all the dubia i kept were far darker, more like those American cockroaches in dark form. so the super light color was throwing me off, especially based on the many times we have bought/seen misidentified species in my country. thanks for the clarification.

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Perhaps an invertebrate forum is not the place to spread oppressive, anti-human rights Chinese propaganda...I value your bug knowledge. Politically i have nothing respectful to say other than you are simply wrong. And i do understand the history, people either get it or follow TV...have a nice day.