Can you guys identify my Aphonopelma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spherical

Arachnopeon
So this is my first T, purchased about a week ago as an Aphonopelma Chalcodes female. I've noticed she seems a lot darker in coloration than what I've seen online for the Arizona blonde. It could be a male as well since they usually seem to have darker colors. But it doesnt seem to look like that either. Again since it's my first T maybe I'm overthinking all of this. For all I know sometimes they are just a bit darker. 20180824_045413.jpg 20180824_045042.jpg 20180824_044927.jpg

The flashlight in the pictures make her seem a lot darker than she really is (almost looks black in the picture), but you can still see she lacks that goldish-brown look she should have. Shes currently about 2" btw. Thanks in advance!

Krystal Anne

Arachnosquire

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
That's definitely some Aphonopelma, but not a chalcodes. Welp, no breeding for him/her.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
From what I know about the genus, it can be pretty hard to distinguish one from the other. Yours definitely has a darker abdomen than my A. chalcodes, but also the legs aren't quite as dark as those on my A. anax. And then there are ALL the other Aphonopelma species out there...
How big is it? Do you know how old it is, or what other information were you given when you purchased (not that such information is always accurate, of course)? I've had a juvenile A. anax for a few years and it is very slow growing. I also notice drastic changes in color between molts- sometimes the whole thing is almost black and sometimes more of a mix of grays and browns.

Even if you don't know exactly, such a lovely T! I love my Aphonopelmas- in my opinion they are under appreciated in the hobby. I would like to eventually get some more! Enjoy your first T and welcome to the hobby/ addiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.