can you guys id this guy

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've had it for like 5 years or so. its about 8" or so. i got him from tommy at 1 of the white plains shows in new york. i've never known what it is. just curious.
thanks
tom

Last edited:

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
another picture

plus you can kinda see some of the rest of my collection

Last edited:

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
???

but it was supposed to be a species out of either ecadour or argentina i think...i don't think it is a blondi...its almost purple when it molts. and its longer hairs are orange and the shorter hairs are brown and black

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
a pic from above would be nice ;) - i think it might also be pamphobeteus.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And aren't T blondies supposed to be super defensive?
They are supposed to be defensive from what I understand, but I have seen pics of ones who were handleable before. Looks like this one has done some hair kicking, anyway.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My first thought was T. blondi, too, but on closer inspection I believe it's a Pamphoboteus of some sort, P. fortis, perhaps? Seems like a pretty docile T, a hair-kicker, but not too bad in terms of disposition. I HAVE seen some pretty laid-back Goliaths, though-had one placed on my lap at a reptile sale, and she was just as calm as a G. pulchra, and in very good condition(she was also CB). I begged and begged to buy that spider, but the guy only had her there for display and would not even consider anyone's price.

pitbulllady

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really dont think its a T. blondi. I looks more like a my 4" P. cancerides or a L. parahybana. can you get a pic with a ruler. A pic from the top and bottom would be great.
scott

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

All T's are handleable. Its whether or not its easy.

I don't think it looks like T. blondi either.
Yes, I should have said easily handleable. BTW, I don't really have an opinion on whether or not it's a blondi, I am not very good at identifying t's from photos, unless they are blatantly obvious.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I don't really have an opinion on whether or not it's a blondi, I am not very good at identifying t's from photos, unless they are blatantly obvious.
I wasn't arguing your post about it being blondi or not. I was just putting in my 'vote'.:)

We need better pics buddy! Try one from the top.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wasn't arguing your post about it being blondi or not. I was just putting in my 'vote'.:)

We need better pics buddy! Try one from the top.
I know you weren't. I just realized that I should post that I really don't know what it is.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
more pics

here are some more pics...i guess i was wrong about the 8 inches but she is definatly over 6 inches..the first pics were of pre moult...and these are about 4 months after moulting...just curious about what it is...its doing fine otherwise.

Last edited: