Can you find the Pokie?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
This little P. Regalis hides in plain sight so well, I almost didnt even see it.

A802DCD4-E344-47A9-A147-BA042AA77D0B.jpeg

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Oh ya....as a rule,corkbark dosent have hairs right above the fake leaf.Its being slick!!!.
Im not here,nothing to see,move along.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ive had slings totally fool me on cork before. Super invisible in the right environment. Wonder why looking for then in the wild would go..?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Took me a second but the fuzzy legs gave it away. This is one of the things I love about Poecs.
They are my new favorite.

Ive had slings totally fool me on cork before. Super invisible in the right environment. Wonder why looking for then in the wild would go..?
Yeah I bet they do blend in good in the wild.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Tarantula diary Day 256: The human still thinks I escaped from my cell. Cricket supplies are running low.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Even my juvenile P. vittata completely disappeared against cork with the right lighting. Absolutely insane.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I always found it to be an odd trait that female poecs become so vibrant as they grow. I imagine the bright colors are meant to warn predators that they are venomous and arent worth the trouble.

Cause they really do stand out.

And then MMs are the complete opposite. Guessing it has do with them covering more ground out in search of mates, so they need to blend in. Whereas the females just stay put and wait for males to come to them, its very interesting to me. Nature always finds a way.

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
I always found it to be an odd trait that female poecs become so vibrant as they grow. I imagine the bright colors are meant to warn predators that they are venomous and arent worth the trouble.

Cause they really do stand out.
Especially when they do a threat posture and reveal the yellow under their legs.