Can you clean out a scorpion substrate without having to move him

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I have a full grown Asian Forrest Scorpion, whom I’ve had two months now. Do I need to change all the substrate every so often ,or just spot clean as you go . It’s confusing as I’ve been told two or three different things ?

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
I have a full grown Asian Forrest Scorpion, whom I’ve had two months now. Do I need to change all the substrate every so often ,or just spot clean as you go . It’s confusing as I’ve been told two or three different things ?
Spot cleaning is all that’s necessary. What type of substrate are you using if you don’t mind be asking? If you ever do take all the substrate out you do in most cases have to Take the Scorp out but spot cleaning is all that’s necessary.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Spot cleaning is all that’s necessary. What type of substrate are you using if you don’t mind be asking? If you ever do take all the substrate out you do in most cases have to Take the Scorp out but spot cleaning is all that’s necessary.
I’ve used Habistat Sledge Peat , and I’ve also added some moss .

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I’ve used
Cool!!! no heat pad or sponge in the water dish right
Nope , I have a number of Ts , so no not to do that . Just a shallow water bowl , and I keep it damp in that area as you would for my Ts . My set up is on top of my viv where my beaded dragon is , so my scorp gets some heat from that .

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
I’ve used

Nope , I have a number of Ts , so no not to do that . Just a shallow water bowl , and I keep it damp in that area as you would for my Ts . My set up is on top of my viv where my beaded dragon is , so my scorp gets some heat from that .
Cool:)!!!