Can somone help with super worms

Maddiemaybearachnids

Arachnopeon
Can you keep a super worm by itself as a pet ? I imagine the majority of PEOPEL on this site like weird pets, and I get it’s probably even weird for you guys, but if really like to have a sparkling beetle as a pet, and I have heard that super worms can live roughly 3-10 years as an adult, and are all things called super worms the species Zophobas morio and do all of them live 3-10 ish years

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
They can be bred easily but usually just as feeders. I've heard of people keeping hissing roaches as pets.

Sadly enough, I was even cautioned about a feeding video involving one of them and my H spinifer scorpion. A gratitious remark about the queen of England might have also played role. ;)

In terms of something totally non venomous and unusual, why not a vinigaroon?

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
I'm not sure about that "3-10 years as an adult" for beetles, because i did have a colony once but they all died in months from my experience. The reason why i bought that colony is first to minimize the cost of feeders for my collection and they kinda look like those predatory beetles which kept as pets, soo i guess you can keep them as pets if you want to.

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
yes but get a friend for it or else it would get bored and decide to molt into a beetle

Maddiemaybearachnids

Arachnopeon
I appreaciate it! Also apologies for all of my spelling errors lo l but would it be fine to be kept by itself? I don’t mind it turning into a beetle, and I LOVE vinagaroons and lots of, well pretty much every animal, on this site but i would really love a vegatarian/soemthing that i don’t have to live feed, i would imagine I would be unable to ever feed super worms if I do get one as a pet very inexperienced with a lot of these pets, but I have rabbits, fish, aqatic snails, a turtle and so on, and I know that some animals have got to stay solitary unless you give them a lot of space and some have got to have another of their own species, and I know that for some it doesn’t matter, what is the case for these, and also, I definelty wnat hissing cockroaches in the future

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I appreaciate it! Also apologies for all of my spelling errors lo l but would it be fine to be kept by itself? I don’t mind it turning into a beetle, and I LOVE vinagaroons and lots of, well pretty much every animal, on this site but i would really love a vegatarian/soemthing that i don’t have to live feed, i would imagine I would be unable to ever feed super worms if I do get one as a pet very inexperienced with a lot of these pets, but I have rabbits, fish, aqatic snails, a turtle and so on, and I know that some animals have got to stay solitary unless you give them a lot of space and some have got to have another of their own species, and I know that for some it doesn’t matter, what is the case for these, and also, I definelty wnat hissing cockroaches in the future
Yes, you can keep a superworm by itself. If it is kept by itself it will most likely become a pupae, then into a beetle. I raised a beetle colony for feeders for my T.'s before. But there are some things that people don't tell you, IME if keeping superworms on oats/wheat bran will attract mites if they do not have ventilation. I thought I had enough ventilation, but that was not the case when a million mites appeared. So I threw away everything including the beetles. Now I have to restart, but since your keeping one, it shouldn't be to bad.