1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please help?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Dmitry Maksimovich, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Advertisement
    P4120431.JPG
    Hi everyone! Im really new to scorpions and I recently bought a Israeli gold scorpion (scorpio maurus). I can't seem to find any proper caresheets on it and the ones that I did find all say different things, so if someone could please either provide a link that's reliable or has kept them and knows how to, that would be great. I also can't sex it properly, I believe that it is a female, but if someone can give me a definite answer then that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

• Award Award x 1
  2. thebronzedragon

thebronzedragon Arachnosquire

I'm pretty new and haven't done anything with this species so I can't help with the care but I'm pretty sure that's a female.

3. PureXotics804

PureXotics804 Arachnosquire

They need it warm but i would advise against a under tank heater bc they burrow down to cool off, so maybe a ceramic light or a heat meat on the side of the tank so they can escape it. The top layer(2-3 inches) needs to be dry and the layer underneath(6-8 inches) needs to be relatively moist. They dig deep burrows and enjoy the humidity (around 60%) in the burrows. You can use excavator sand to make big burrows with chambers than you know wont collapse. I often times fill my deep burrows with moss to have a humid hide. Or if youre unfamiliar with doing all that then you can layer substrate with dry soil on the top and moist underneath with maybe a piece of cork bark as a beginner hide.

• Agree Agree x 1