1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone ID my scorp ?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Alex99, May 17, 2018.

1. Alex99

Alex99 Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    Was sold as emperor at local store and paid 100 usd. Just wondering if I got ripped off

Attached Files:

2. darkness975

darkness975 Brachypelma darknessi Arachnosupporter

Need better pictures but it appears to be based on that image a Pandinus spp.

See my reply to your other thread.

3. Ran

Ran Arachnoknight

CA
    Definitely Pandinus species....red telson, granulation on chela. Substrate looks a tad dry, these are a tropical to sub tropical species depending on locale.

4. AnimalNewbie

AnimalNewbie Arachnobaron

Are you keeping it on bark???
    They need a type of dirt like substrate to burrow in...

5. Alex99

Thanks for the info, if seen you comment on other posts and you are usually very informational, I'm think of doing 6 inches of just coco
    the lady at the mom and pop store gave me terrible information and told me that substrate would be perfect for him, this is the new set up I got put together today and he absolutely loves the new hide (The one on the right) can't get him to come out of it :)

Attached Files:

6. TheScorpionMan

TheScorpionMan Arachnoknight

Texas
    New enclosure looks great

7. Alex99

Thanks man, I want to make my scorp as happy as possible :) . thinking about getting him a small hide and keeping the other 2 in there as well, is 2 better or should I get him a third one that is relatively smaller ?