Can someone explain this? My t wrapped up its water while in premoult.

Is this regular premoult behaviour?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JohnnySuess

Arachnopeon
My t (chromatopelma cyaneopunescence) wrapped up it's water so that it can't be spilled or drunk. Is this regular premoult behaviour? This is the 5th moult I think.

Attachments

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
That's pretty hard to see, but Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens do web a lot even when they aren't in premoult. How big is the spider? Maybe a bigger water dish is in order. I got a bunch of ceramic dishes in the small pet section of the local pet shop. They work really well.

JohnnySuess

Arachnopeon
Well it's about 8 months old so it's probably around 3.5 inches in legspan.
The picture is a water bottle cap(which i refill as needed) which has been wrapped so tightly I had to rip it out and the water have be poured out. I'm just curious whether or not ts try to save water this water this way

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
The picture is a water bottle cap(which i refill as needed) which has been wrapped so tightly I had to rip it out and the water have be poured out. I'm just curious whether or not ts try to save water this water this way
They drink from beads of water that rest on top of the webbing but they won't drink through the webbing.

Keke713

Arachnoknight
If it’s 3.5 inches DLS then your T is not 8 months old. Unless you know the exact date it was hatched, age is irrelevant.

As for the water dish, completely normal. I have a few obt slings that have completely covered their water dish. Just add another one on top :happy:

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Tarantulas will web water dishes, it's completely normal. I've lost more than one dish into web castles.

cold blood

Staff member
Normal behavior, I don't remove the webbed dished, I just put another on top.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As others said, this is perfectly normal. I have one T in particular who has a graveyard of caps buried in her enclosure. Others just web over them. One of my girls webbed hers almost entirely, except for about a 3/4" hole in the center. They do what they want. Lol

According to who?