May I Buy You a Drink?

SpiderDane

Arachnopeon
Nice thread ! :clap:

Sorry for the blurry pic. The first thing i saw when i woked up this morning !

hehe... Darn... Missed the thing again!

Attachments

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Two more goodies for this thread.
My new B. boehmei, "Fat Mum,"(betcha can't guess how she got that name!) gaining more water weight.

And here's my new P. cancerides, "Fine Dinein' Fadilah!," earning her name.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the additions guys! Keep 'em comin'. :clap:

No one can say that tarantulas don't drink now!:D

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the additions guys! Keep 'em comin'. :clap:

No one can say that tarantulas don't drink now!:D
I don't have any pics but I have seen most all my T."s drink at one time or another. I did not know it was such a rare thing until this thread was started. I guess I have just been lucky. Either that or I spend to much time looking at my critters. {D{D{D

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Never been able to get a shot of any of them drinking, closest was a pic I got of my G. pulchripes protecting her water dish, (or something) just standing over it for no reason lol.

Wish I has a shot of it but sometimes I drizzle water down the side of my A. avic's enclosure and he comes over to drink as it runs down. He's like a lil puppy LOL.

Love all of the pics in this thread though, some amazing shots! :D

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Damn! How Much did Akimaru Drink ? - LOL

Here is my Girl @ the fountain of youth:

She drinx more than Hobo ;) - Jason

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a shot of our G. rosea wetting her whistle. :D

Keep them coming guys/ gals!

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes guys african species DO drink ;)

2.5" male P. chordatus "Rex". Sorry about the poor quality, it was the only one I was able to get before he moved

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thirsy girl

River my P. cambridgei has a habit of burrying her waterdish and the last time (a couple of weeks ago) she'd chase me out of her enclosure if I tried to get it, she finally let me today and she drank from it for like 15 minutes!

I don't feel sorry for her :/ if she was so thirsy she would have let me have it sooner.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bottoms up!

Cool shots everybody (if a pun can be extracted from that, so be it ...)

Here's my contribution to the catalog. My vagans drinks like a fish - on the sly - but one day I caught him doing the ole "bottoms up" en flagrant delit ...
View attachment 83063

Last edited:

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
River my P. cambridgei has a habit of burrying her waterdish and the last time (a couple of weeks ago) she'd chase me out of her enclosure if I tried to get it, she finally let me today and she drank from it for like 15 minutes!

I don't feel sorry for her :/ if she was so thirsy she would have let me have it sooner.
Um...why didn't you just cup her, dig it up, and fill it? Take about 5 seconds. Not to mention it should be an ego thing that an invert has you buffaloed.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Um...why didn't you just cup her, dig it up, and fill it? Take about 5 seconds. Not to mention it should be an ego thing that an invert has you buffaloed.
She wouldn't let me, she's one of my most stubborn, worse than my P. murinus. Trust me, if it had been any longer I would have, but she dug it out on her for me to get out and fill, didn't even attack me. (no to mention I just haven't had the chance to do something like that, I've been working all kind of over time and just been insanly busy. :8o )