May I Buy You a Drink?

Michael bradley

Arachnopeon
My Acanthoscurria geniculata may be a ravenous murdertank, but he drinks with delicate grace.
I’ve seen people handle these and seeing what mine is like I use long tweezers at all times! It kills for fun when not hungry lol.. yours similar??

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I’ve seen people handle these and seeing what mine is like I use long tweezers at all times! It kills for fun when not hungry lol.. yours similar??
If he isn't in pre-molt, he attacks anything that moves.

Besides not being mistaken for food, using tongs reduces exposure to urticating hairs. (He isn't a flicker, but he does shed them onto his substrate, especially during pre-molt.)

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Premolt versicolor

43566094-7B7A-45BD-B42A-7C4C5F77283E.jpeg

Possibly premolt A. avic :p

F227D0DB-D969-496C-9B75-43F891E1039A.jpeg

Not sure if drinking or guarding her dish of substrate (G. actaeon)

C01BFDF5-4642-40E6-B5C3-75173AB73E79.jpeg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Triggered (5" female Psalmopoeus cambridgei): from @cold blood
Squirt threw herself into the water dish as soon as I started filling it.

Thirsty Thursday (5" female Psalmopoeus cambridgei)
I can't help but point out that if she had not filled the whole water dish with substrate and webbing, she could have slaked her thirst earlier.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
@cold blood One water dish is full of clean water. The other is full of substrate tea laced with webbing. Which is more refreshing?

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
998BD243-8C07-4E37-A506-85F891FC8F1B.jpeg 72697F78-A709-4413-80AD-5C577781394D.jpeg

Only one I usually catch is my A chalcodes in these pics. Saw her drinking as I was off to bed so I flicked on her light and took a pic. She has live plants in her enclosure. I use an LED lightbulb as they run very cool and do not heat up her home. Very good lights for plants and doesn’t cook your T. Although I’ve tried the canned Aphonopelma seemanni you can buy; they tasted like soft shell crab. I ordered more. I won’t be deep frying my A seemanni no matter how good they taste. LOL

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I got a B. hamorii today and she had the small abdomen and bright colors characteristic of a spider that had just molted, but her fangs were black so I assumed it was a few weeks ago. Anyway she looked pretty healthy, no curling of the toes or any kind of injuries on her, but her abdomen looked a little sunken probably from dehydration and I was a little worried that she wouldn't settle in fast enough for me to feed her and I might have trouble with her, but a few hours after bringing her home I caught her with her face dunked in the water dish and she's still standing over it. Needless to say I was pretty relieved.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I love watching mine drink too. What I don't like is watching them drunk-dial old girlfriends. "Bay-bee, what was up with you trying to devour me, hmm? I just wanted to insert my 'palps and you went all Hannibal Lecter on me! What's was up with that?!?"
It's undignified.