May I Buy You a Drink?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dang, Former! That's a big scorpion. Is it gut or ovaries?
I dunno... :? That is "Bertha". I've had her, a female about 3/4 her length and a male in between the two sizes for almost two years. Bertha has been this rotund for most of that time. She obviously eats well, but I've been unable to appreciate any scorpling bulges, nor has she birthed any.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
T. gigas taking a well deserved face plant after being rehoused.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My N. chromatus enjoying that first post-molt visit to the watering hole. I can imagine it's the epitome of refreshment in the tarantula world.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, seems tarantulas and true spiders are very thirsty post-molt.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
just the other day an employee of a petshop that i was passing buy and that will rename nameless rold me that tarantulas cant drink from an open water source, needless to say i chuckled

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just the other day an employee of a petshop that i was passing buy and that will rename nameless rold me that tarantulas cant drink from an open water source, needless to say i chuckled
Every animal needs water, may that be a dog, a cat, elephant, wasp, bee or a spider. :)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...you should e-mail him a link to this thread

Mara

Arachnopeon
Aww, the little ones are adorable!

Here's a little older pic that I found of my rosie: