May I Buy You a Drink?

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
1. Sorry for the crappy quality, but I rarely get to see my H. Lividum out of her burrow, let alone drinking. She's quite the party pooper hanging out in her little hole all day long.
2. I know its not a tarantula, and it may or may not even be drinking the water on its mouthparts. But the fact that its an arachnid and it may POSSIBLY be drinking, I though it derserved to be up here. Its Oprah the emp by the way.

Last edited:

GregorSamsa

Arachnosquire
P. Muticus/C. Crawshayi

Third spotting of the elusive Lady Lucifera :D

I came home from a trip & an hour later she came out for a loooong premolt drink...

Maybe she missed me. ;)

Attachments

Satu

Arachnopeon
Not as good a picture as some, but here's Socks, my B. boehmei:

Bottoms up!

GregorSamsa

Arachnosquire
Got her home & the poor thing drank for 30 min...

Funny because when I told the girl at the pet store that tarantulas don't drink from water packs, she informed me that "Oh, ours do!" :wall:

Attachments

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is about time that we snagged another drinking picture. This is one of our P. irmina, newly rehoused and having its first ever encounter with a water dish.

Thank you to all that have added pictures! :D

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
^^^lol drinking from the swimming pool, so cute

DJEggy

Arachnopeon

My B. smithi stopping by the water for a drink... I guess that last cricket didn't go down too easy. :)

Elithial

Arachnopeon
Hope to see more! I love the ones with their legs up in the air like they fell in face first - Plop! {D

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is Cocoa, my Chaco - thirsty after a re-housing ... what re-housing had to do with it I don't know (I mean, it's not like he didn't have access to the well before before the rehousing), but it's the first time I've seen Cocoa drink, let alone this heartily - look how he splays his pedipalps to get a better angle at the H2O (this is evident in other photos on this thread too) ...

Last edited:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
See, Pet-store-employee-that-was-directed-here-by-that-person-complaining-about-your-setups, Even the mexican red knee that "lives in the desert" drinks from the water dish!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anotha, dry lova...havin a drink

E. pulcherrimaklassi

:D

EDIT: jus noticed that large bolus behind the water dish....

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hobo~ That is a great B. smithi pic!

Thank you to everyone who has added to the collection!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good to the very last drop (essentially licking the bowl :D)

Recently rehoused GBB getting some liquid comfort

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats really cool, but ive never seen mine drink. I have seen my emperor scorpion drink though, and i imagine that must be similar.