1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Buy You a Drink?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Pictures' started by becca81, Nov 14, 2004.

1. becca81

becca81 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Advertisement
    Here is Archimedes, my 5" G. rosea female (name was given before I found it it was a she). This was the first (and only) time I've seen her drink...

[​IMG]

2. manville

manville Arachnoking Old Timer

I noticed that my T blondi drinks a lot.

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Arachnoangel Old Timer

I saw my rosie having a drink the other day... that picture is making me thirsty

4. theninegates

theninegates Arachnopeon

My Pokie only drinks from his dish until right after I change the water... very picky.

Spiders are cool and never cease to amaze....always doing something we don't expect.

Thanks for the pic!

5. cdxrd

cdxrd Arachnoknight Old Timer

Caught my Rosea the other night doing the same thing, but of course, it was like some horrid crime for me to see her doing that and she scurried back to her hide.. lol

Sometimes shes calm, other times she thinks she is an OBT.. rarely is she a pet rock.. But thats what I love about her.. You never can tell what on earth she will be doing from day to day.

Now my B. Smithi Pet Rock.. thats a different story.. Sometimes I wonder if he isnt carved out of stone.

6. jared_kipe

jared_kipe Arachnopeon

LOL I know exactly what you mean.

7. azztigma

azztigma Arachnoknight Old Timer

beccamillott, this is the best pic of rosea I have ever seen! :D although I haven't seen many but still... Nice job on taking the pic.

8. RaZeDaHeLL666

RaZeDaHeLL666 Arachnodemon Old Timer

thats so cute! lil spider drinking! My spider does weird things with the water. I see it splashing around in it and then going all the way to the bottom of his burrow and using its wet legs to construct it better, then going back and splashing around in the water again!

9. JohnxII

JohnxII Avicoholic Old Timer

Interesting. Makes sense too. What species?

10. Pheonixx

Pheonixx Arachnoprince Old Timer

so thats why i keep refilling those dishes! lol

11. Malkavian

Malkavian Arachnolord Old Timer

USA
    I caught my pulchra drinking a few weeks ago...just moseyed rigth over to its bottlecap and stuck its face in (and its ass straight up in the air in the process) --it was quite amusing to watch

12. Crunchie

Crunchie Arachnoangel Old Timer

hehehe I just looked in my rosies tank and she has burried her water dish :?

13. nowhereman

nowhereman Arachnoknight Old Timer

14. Mustacherose

Mustacherose Arachnosquire Old Timer

Awesome pic!

Thats an amazing pic! I wish my hands were that steady when Im taking pictures of my little rosie, I'll post a pic. The pictures kinda crappy but thats the clearest one so far. BTW That fingernail isn't mine its my mom's she enjoys tarantulas :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

15. Mike H.

Mike H. Arachnoprince Old Timer

Here's my freshly molted mature male having a drink...

Regards, Mike :D :eek: :D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  16. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies Old Timer

Extremely nice pics Mike! And a very nice blondi! :clap:

17. jbrd

jbrd Arachnoprince Old Timer

wow, nice pic of your T.blondi

18. Blondi having a drink...

Excellent photos Mike. Good looking Blondi you have there!

19. Cigarman

Cigarman Arachnoknight Old Timer

Maine
    Its always something neat to see a T having a slurp at the local watering hole. Before investigating T's I never thought I would get to see one doing something like having a drink. :)

20. Mattyb

Mattyb Arachnoking Old Timer

Very nice pics. I catch my male getting a drink all the time, its always good to know that they are putting the water to good use.

-Mattyb